New Residency Law

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
andalucia
Site Admin

New Residency Law

Postby andalucia » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 pm

New Residency Law

From 29 March 2007 on, a new law effecting Resident Cards in Spain will take effect. This new law states that a citizen of any European Union country, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland, who resides in Spain for three months or more, will no longer be required to apply for a resident’s card. Instead, non-residents will have to go to the Foreigners' Office in their area within the first three months of being in Spain to apply for a registration certificate (certificado de registro).

Applicants must complete the new certificate form available from the Foreigners Office and provide a valid passport, or a document proving they have applied to renew their passport. If the applicant does not already have a NIE number, one will be given to them with the certificate. We have been told by the local office Foreigners' Office that the new certificate will take a few days to be processed and available for pick-up.

For further information, please speak with Rafaela García in our Labour and Payroll Department.

Christian Hergt
Manager, Group Administration

KSi Costa Consulting Group

Marbella

Avda. Severo Ochoa, 28

Edif. Singlehome, 4º C

29603 Marbella, Málaga (Spain)

Telephone
+34 952 765 899

Fax
+34 952 764 929

lenox
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: New Residency Law

Postby lenox » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:20 pm

So easy having a residence card. Such a pain having to carry around both your passport and an A4 paper with a stamp and signature. So much for Europe in the 21st century!
Imagine such a thing in the USA.
I have a friend who, rather than reducing and plastificating the famous A4 (which is, after all, technically illegal), has put his behind glass, passpartout and a wooden frame. Says it's harder to lose it that way.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:37 pm

I have been continuing to use my expired residence card in conjunction with a copy of the certificate when necessary.

We have those two toss-pots from that protest web-site (I forget its name) to thank for this fiasco.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Never mind, soon all Brits will be able to enjoy the priviledge of paying 60 quid for a UK ID card!

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Not so as I understand it. Ex-pats are not entitled to apply. Ex-comunicated is more the way it is if you have deserted the sinking ship of state. We all could finish up "Stateless"

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:32 pm

Oh well, at least we can be happy in the knowledge that we will pay twice as much for a new passport as those who renew in the UK - and that even they will soon be paying over 100 quid for one.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:08 pm

I refuse to do that. I have renewed my last three passports using the address of a property I own in the UK and paid the normal rate.

wagon ropes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby wagon ropes » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:35 pm

That's interesting Beach. Do you think I could renew mine using the address if my daughter in England if I was prepared to 'fib' a little? ( Iwould have put a 'blush' there but the option of smilies seems to be off at the moment lol)

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:18 pm

As long as you have an address to which it can be sent and then it can be passed on to you safely I see no reason why not. As I say, I have done it this way three time now and there has never been any query.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Won't be able to do that much longer, as you will have to apply in person soon in order to have your inner most thoughts scanned and DNA extracted.

Rookiekookie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Rookiekookie » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:33 am

I hope we will not get charged for breakages due to naughty thoughts lol

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Yes what will happen to us, will we have to camp outside the Consulate here for that or fly over to the UK and do it in person there?