New photographic exhibition at Grazalema Info Centre

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
wildside
Resident

New photographic exhibition at Grazalema Info Centre

Postby wildside » Sat May 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Hi all

Next Saturday we have the opening day for a photo exhibition by a really talented person.... The subject is water and the images are absolutely amazing....

If anyone is in the area then please call past as I am sure you will enjoy the experience... :)

For the Spanish readers out there,here is the intro.....

El próximo Sábado 8 de Mayo a las 12 horas
Centro de Información Turística – Grazalema
Plaza Asomaderos, 3

"Aquí estamos todos, por que todos, SOMOS esa agua que corre libre en medio de una Luz que la alimenta. Tenemos una tierra, que da sustento a una vegetación verde como nuestras Esperanzas. Y nos proyectamos en un continúo movimiento, capaz de armonizar con las energías celestes que nos cobijan. Naturalmente SOMOS agua limpia y cristalina, en una búsqueda continúa de nuevos territorios, donde Humanizar nuestro lado más Divino. Esta exposición, te invita humildemente a zambullirte en este elemento, esencial para la vida de todos y cada uno de nosotros. Una invitación a descubrir esas energías que nos unen de forma atemporal, por que tu y yo sabemos, que sencillamente SOMOS AGUA."

Armando Lara Narbona H2O

Exposición abierta desde del 8 de Mayo hasta el 10 de Junio

frank
Andalucia Guru

Re: New photographic exhibition at Grazalema Info Centre

Postby frank » Sun May 02, 2010 7:55 pm

We'll be in the area from the 13th, and being a keen photographer, I'll pop in and see it.
Thanks

wildside
Resident

Postby wildside » Sun May 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Hi Frank.. Look forward to meeting you... Unless you come on a Tuesday that is which is my day off from the office...

The exhibition runs untill the 10th of June so there is plenty of time to view it...

wildside
Resident

Postby wildside » Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 pm

The exhibition launch yesterday was great.... 6 images sold in the first few hours but the buyers agreed to let us keep the exhibition running and take there pictures at the end in 6 weeks time... Below is the English Translation from Armandos introduction to the exhibition..

"Here we all are, for WE ARE all this water that flows freely amid a Light that feeds it. We have one earth which provides sustenance to its greenery, as it does to our hopes. We project ourselves in a continual movement, we are able to harmonize ourselves with the celestial energies that shelter us. In our natural state, WE ARE clean, crystalline water, constantly seeking new lands, a place to humanize our most Divine self.

This exhibition humbly invites you to immerse yourself in this element so essential to the lives of each and every one of us, to discover these energies which unite us in a timeless fashion - for you and I know that WE ARE WATER."

Armando Lara Narbon. May 2010

The exhibition runs untill the 10th of June 2010 so there is plenty of time for you to see it...

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat May 22, 2010 8:51 am

[quote="wildside"]Hi Frank.. Look forward to meeting you... Unless you come on a Tuesday that is which is my day off from the office...
[/quote]

Popped in a week last Friday, but we obviously missed you! Had a chat with the lady there, she was very pleasant, a mine of local information. Also recognised the photos of Juan Tébar being shown there, I like his work. Perhap I was a bit late for some of the flowers as I thought they have seen better on previous visits. In the past I have taken photos in the fields close to El Horcajo Hotel and they have been awash with flowers, but hardly anything this visit. Plenty up above on the road to Acinipo though. Guess I needed some local knowledge to tell me where to go! ;-)

wildside
Resident

Postby wildside » Sat May 22, 2010 2:55 pm

:)

Juan Tebar?.... Very nice that you think my images are up to his standard.... The collection of fauna and flora in the sala to the left is my humble offerings to the photographic world :)

The exhibition by Armando is running for a few weeks more...

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sat May 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I think there was a video/DVD playing showing images by Juan Tebar, no? Wildlife, vultures, stag etc???? I must admit the weather was not very good whilst we were there, never managed a single shot in Zahara or Grazalema! :-( All changed since, wall to wall sunshine.
We normally stay with Elisenda and Pablo in Cortijo Las Piletas, but they were full, so they recommended us us to try Finca La Guzmana, they were full, so we ended up in Molino del Fuente