Gas BBQ question

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
voyseygw
Andalucia.com Amigo

Gas BBQ question

Postby voyseygw » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

Hi,
I bought a gas BBQ in the UK. And shipped it out here. When I assembled it in the instructions it states to only be used in UK and Ireland. It came with a propane regulator which I have replaced with a butane one that I had from a portable gas fire. What I would like to know is there any safety implications in what I have done? Should I be using propane and is there a different regulator for propane? I had heard that there a different regulators for BBQ's.
Thank you in advance

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Gas BBQ question

Postby costakid » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 am

As long as you have the correct regulator for your bottle (Spanish type) you will be ok.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:39 am

I have town gas to my flat and have a pipe across the balcony that feeds the living room fire.

It there such a thing as an outside gas barbecue that can be connected to piped gas?

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 am

We brought our gas BBQ from the UK 6 years ago. I changed the regulator, which was difficult as the Spanish fitting is about 1mm bigger. I use propane as it is a slightly cooler burn. Butane may damage the plates and coals.