Pool Renovation

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Pool Renovation

Postby Craig Jamieson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi, After 10 years infrequently visiting our house in Spain we are finally moving out for a while. We let the pool go as we were rarely there and now we need to reclaim it from the frogs, toads. It was a liner pool but the liner has now gone and we are basically left with a hole in the ground. We would also like to convert to a salt water system and build a proper pump house. Can anyone recommend someone to advise and quote for this. Our Spanish is weak and an English speaker would be preferable. The house is in Casillas De Diaz, near Gibralgalia, Pizarra. Thanks for any help.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Pool Renovation

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 pm

You will obviously need several quotes. These people from Coín will not be the cheapest:

http://www.piscinassoto.com/

but bear in mind that you get what you pay for.

Try to deal with them direct. Going through an English speaking intermediary will cost you.

Personally I wouldn't touch a salt system with a barge pole but the choice is yours:

http://www.carefreeclearwater.com/saltwaterpools.html
Let's go Brandon!

Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Postby Craig Jamieson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks Beachcomber. As you say, you get what you pay for and I would rather not skimp as long as it is a good job. I havn't read any negative stuff on the salt water system and am interested why you would be against it. CJ.

Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Postby Craig Jamieson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:58 pm

OK Beachcomber, I see. Have visited the link you sent. Many thanks. CJ

Craig Jamieson
Tourist

Postby Craig Jamieson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Has anyone heard about the Aligator Ionisation system. We have family members with skin problems and are looking for an alternative system to heavy chemicals. I have read their blurb but is anyone actually using this system?