Subvenciones para las instalaciones de paneles solares sobre impuestos del estado

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Andrey
Tourist

Subvenciones para las instalaciones de paneles solares sobre impuestos del estado

Postby Andrey » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:30 am

Hi, I am studying if there are any ways to get some discount on the solar electric installation. I would not qualify for the Andalusian subvention because the house is not a primary residence. However, there is some mention of another kind of subsidy which is a discount on local taxes (IBI and ICIO apparently) and this apparently differs by ayuntamiento. Does anybody know how it works? I have so far been unable to find detailed information on the internet for Velez-Malaga area.

championc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Subvenciones para las instalaciones de paneles solares sobre impuestos del estado

Postby championc » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:07 pm

You will find that a Solar Installer would know as to what you can and cannot get. It also appears that any grants are only available when systems are installed by registered installers.

However, installers typically end up lumping the cost of the grant onto the overall cost and then selling this "wonderful solution and with a grant of xxx makes it really cheap". At this point, it's likely that the setup would take years and years to pay for itself.

So if you're handy, a self install is the way to go, forget about any grants, and have a system which will pay for itself in half the time.