Tunein radio losing the Beeb

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Tunein radio losing the Beeb

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:22 am

I have received an email from Amazon telling me that BBC radio will be unavailable on their Echo devices from Monday.
This is only happening in the UK so might not affect us in Spain. What I'm not sure about is whether the app is UK based so the app won't play BBC radio or if it will recognise the Spanish IP and will carry on working.

It will affect me because Tunein is the only app which allows the device to work as a clock radio

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Tunein radio losing the Beeb

Postby olive » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:41 pm

Might be tied up with iplayer for radio app being phased out. UK IP users have been getting a message for a while now saying use this new app. I have downloaded it but not logged in to the new app yet.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:59 pm

Actually, it's due to a dispute over user data.
The old app doesn't work any more so you will need to use the new app. It's very similar in its usefulness but one great new feature is the ability to rewind programs so it's possible to listen to a program from the start while its still broadcasting.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:50 am

It looks like in this case, it is an advantage to live in Spain where BBC on Tunein in concerned. I'm pleased to report I have been woken up to BBC radio yesterday and this morning at 6:30 and got to work both days on time.