Phone and internet in campo

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Upthemountain
Tourist

Phone and internet in campo

Postby Upthemountain » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi all, new to this forum so I apologise if this question has been asked more than once. We have just bought a property which doesn’t have a phone line or internet service. We don’t know how to get a line installed or even if we can get one as we don’t have a proper address (no post delivery) but are only five mins up in the hills above Estepona. Does anyone know How I go about finding out if a fixed line is available as I fear my Spanish is too limited to try and explain where we live to them. Is there a map of coverage I could find us on to see for myself like they do in the U.K. for mobile coverage?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Phone and internet in campo

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:29 am

Good morning Upthemountain,

Do a search on Google (there are other search engines)..........internet wimax broadband estepona

Example.

https://www.excom.es/en/coverage.html

For me in the mountains of Jaén ............Vodafone works well for Mobile phone.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:57 am

Upthemountain wrote:Hi all, new to this forum so I apologise if this question has been asked more than once. We have just bought a property which doesn’t have a phone line or internet service. We don’t know how to get a line installed or even if we can get one as we don’t have a proper address (no post delivery) but are only five mins up in the hills above Estepona. Does anyone know How I go about finding out if a fixed line is available as I fear my Spanish is too limited to try and explain where we live to them. Is there a map of coverage I could find us on to see for myself like they do in the U.K. for mobile coverage?
Do you get mobile phone signal? If you have a smart phone check the various suppliers by going to network services and see who has the strongest signal. If no fixed line available (FIJO) then you may have to use a 4G mobile service.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:21 am

Movistar do an unlimited internet package using 4g/3g SIM based kit. Only for customers where there is no landline copper or fibre infrastructure. Do a search on Fusion radio internet.
Last time I looked the internet was 15 euros a month on offer, normal price 46 euros.

You have to have a landline with it that is fed out of the SIM wall mounted box. You can also have digital TV and a couple of mobiles as add on packages.

Enrique. I tried doing a Google search for other search engines. None came up. Are you sure?! :lolno:

Upthemountain
Tourist

Postby Upthemountain » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:04 pm

Thank you. We have used our UK mobiles on 4G whilst there and got a phone signal through Orange I think but we are looking to change once there in a couple of weeks and want UK tv etc which think might be out of the question with 4G?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:46 pm

4G or even 3G, should be more than adequate for UK tv via the internet provide you have a download speed of 4 Mbps or more.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris