DAZN Help

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

DAZN Help

Postby snorbs » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:29 am

I have been using DAZN espana for last few months with no problems.
This morning it says not available in your country.
i have smartydns on my router for using UK services (iplayer, sky go etc) and use google 8.8.8.8 servers on devices when i want to use spanish services such as DAZN.
I never had a problem with this until now.
any ideas how to resolve?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: DAZN Help

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:52 am

Ho snobs,
May be relevant for you................ :?:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/dazn-vpn/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:55 am

DAZN is available in Spain and I subscribe to the offical spanish service
https://watch.dazn.com/en-ES/sports/
as stated previously it was working fine until today

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:30 am

Hi snobs,

Some things to Try one at a time...........

Set your local device to use your Spanish ISP's DNS, so not Google's........ :idea:

Temporary remove SmartyDNS settings from your Router..........

"DAZN is currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, Italy, Spain, Japan and the US."

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:36 am

I can't find my isp DNS original settings (waiting for a response from them)
However if i use whats my ip address website it shows as gibraltar rather than spain?
The ISP are based in San roque I believe could this result be a mistake due to the proximity of Gibraltar?
I don't use a VPN.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 am

Good morning snobs,
"This morning it says not available in your country."........means the site you'll looking at checks your Public IP and rejects access if it thinks you're not in a Supported country.

Open a Browser and type .... whatismyip

DO NOT POST THIS.

Still using Browser .....search ....type where is "your Public Address from above result"

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:50 am

i am totally confused.
wheres my ip shows as gibraltar rather than spain yet my ip address appears within the parameters of spain ip ranges
my isp is one of these smaller providers (as no movistar fibre coverage around here) and they are slow to respond
i will call them tomorrow as rebooting my router isn't giving me a new ip address
so frustrating these days with so many app subscriptions needed to watch sport, films etc

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:08 am

Hi,
Do you switch your Router off over night and your Systems ?

If not try it tonight...completely shutdown all your equipment.

Depending on the IP Lease time you could then get a new IP................a Spanish one :D

Added:: Some light reading... see particular bit about Releasing IP

https://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

You can get a fair time before your ISP would expire current lease time..........
assuming Windows OS........... type cmd in search , when cmd window pops up type ipconfig /all and look at your Wireless LAN adapter settings.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:29 pm

DAZN does not work when you login with a DNS in Spain. It's a pain I know but that's the way it works. I have spoken to Smart DNS and they told me there was no solution at the moment. It must be something in the DAZN settings, detecting the DNS because it should still work outside Spain within the EU. I also have Smarty DNS so I suppose its the same

My solution is to use my ISP's router because its settings can't be changed, when I want to watch DAZN so if you are using two routers that's your solution.
If not, because you use Smarty DNS, download their VPN app, then change the DNS settings permanently to the 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 in your computer and use the app to toggle between country settings which is much easier that changing the DNS settings. I also have SkyGo through my brother and if you have a similar set up and the same account being used back in the UK, you will find it works without a DNS or VPN.

snorbs
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby snorbs » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 am

Thanks Enrique, disconnecting the router overnight resolved the issue

Usinspain2578
Tourist

Postby Usinspain2578 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:15 am

Can you use Spanish DAZN when in UK my son lives in UK most of the time, he has a house in spain and also a Spanish bank account, utility bills etc etc and uses a VPN

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:03 am

Yes it has worked for me in the UK fine as well as other places I have visited but not with a VPN so he needs to make sure it's not active. You might find that there is a fair usage abroad condition so it might have a time limit. This I cannot confirm because my trips abroad are for a few days at most during the season but there could be is a simple solution, which is to ask you to log on a couple of times a week in Spain on his behalf.

DAZN's software is clever and never works with VPNs or DNS severs even if you are in Spain and using Spanish VPNs

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:20 am

Under Eu rules, you can use subscription services from one EU country in other EU countries for a limited number of days without a VPN / Smart DNS service. This is so "short stayers" can access their content when away. It is not for long term / expat use.
eg you can use SkyGo in Spain without a VPN for a block of approx 35 days, before your device needs to be relogged in using a UK ip address.
However, as the Uk will soon be out of the EU, it will be up to the broadcasters and providers if they wish to continue this, as they will no longer be obligated by law to do so.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it