Lottery security changes

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Lottery security changes

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Loterias y apuestas, the Spanish state lottery website has sent me a message saying that my access to them for online top-ups and so on will be lost unless I go through some new indentifiers. They ask that I use a mobile with camera and logged in to their site I use a device there to take images of both sides of my NIE and make a short video of myself!
Problem is that their system will not accept my NIE because it does not have a photograph of me......as far as I am aware a NIE never has a photo so a Mexican standoff! Does a Spanish ID card have a photo? Could an organisation like this, with good multi-lingual options for the site really not know what a NIE looks like? Anyone else had the email (only applies to users of their website for Euromillions etc. rather than anyone buying a ticket in a lottery shop).
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Lottery security changes

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:04 pm

I wouldn't trust this, why do they need so much info and a photo? Isn't your local apuestasyloterias shop close enough to walk or travel to ?

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 pm

Received similar communication couple of months ago. Just ignored it until such time as I win decent money, lol.
It only affects the withdrawl of money over a certain amount from your account.

In the instructions in the website it clearly states to use copy of passport if NIE doesn't have a photo!

Just in case you're being scammed, I suggest u do it from the website itself, without clicking on any links in received emails.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Yeap spanish ID (DNI) has a photo. Hence using it on flights etc. alot of hassle to buy a lottery ticket and frankly i wouldnt want to hand over such info when you can just go to a shop.good advice about not clicking on links

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Jhonie said “ In the instructions in the website it clearly states to use copy of passport if NIE doesn't have a photo!”
I missed that....it still will not take an image from my passport......#*!$~x apps!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:17 pm

Sounds a bit iffy to me.