Firestick advice

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Firestick advice

Postby mikewill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:13 am

Hi, I bought my Amazon Firestick in the UK, registered it to my Spanish Prime account , I don't have a UK account, while in the UK I tried to install BBC iPlayer and ITV hub apps which I was unable to do obviously because my Prime account is a Spanish one , Now back in Spain , is there anyway to install these apps on a Firestick? My router has an installed VPN.
Thanks

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Firestick advice

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:53 am

Go into apps and download all you need. You may have to download the Downloader app for somethings.

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:35 am

Ive managed to install BBC iPlayer I had to install the downloader app, I still cant find apps for ITV hub and all 4?

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:13 am

Try downloading from one of the apk repositories such as https://apkpure.com/
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:37 am

You need to change your account to a British based one to have access to all the UK apps;
sign in, then click account and lists,
In the drop down menu look for manage your content and devices.
Any kindle books you have bought will appear in the new page. near the top of the page click preferences/settings.
Click into change region settings and then towards the bottom of the list change the country to the UK. Try changing without filling out the address first to see if it will change. If not, you will need to use a UK address.
Don't worry, you will still be able to use you Spanish Prime and goods will still go to your preference address.
Once you have done this, Have a look at how to side load apps, which will give you access to the ones Amazon don't support but work equally well.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:13 pm

When I tried this, I got the UK apps when I set it to the UK address, but no access to Spanish Prime video, just UK Prime for which I do not have a subscription. Changing it back to Spain loses the UK apps, but I get access to Spanish Prime.

Is there any way I can get both together as I can't find one.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:58 pm

I don’t think there is a way. I use the app on my Samsung TV.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:18 pm

El Cid wrote:When I tried this, I got the UK apps when I set it to the UK address, but no access to Spanish Prime video, just UK Prime for which I do not have a subscription. Changing it back to Spain loses the UK apps, but I get access to Spanish Prime.

Is there any way I can get both together as I can't find one.

Sid
Likewise.. When i try and view prime videos on my firestick i get location error. Gave up and use the (pile of crap) app on my android box.
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:36 pm

it is posible to use The UK version on the Fire Stick with a DNS server or VPN in Spain but only if you have a UK Prime subscription. Try the free month offer and it works fine.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 pm

We have a fire stick in the uk with everything on all watchable obviously. When in Spain BBC and all the uk based apps recognise that we are in Spain and will not play. Only able to watch Netflix from UK and sky sports. What I am saying is do not set it up from the uk if living in Spain..

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Set my 4KFirestick up in the U.K and plugged in to TV back in Spain and all apps played without issue (smart dns installed on router). I assume you get Sky sports on Kodi as you cant get official Sky sports on a Firestick anywhere.
I So Bella tis you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:39 pm

costakid wrote:We have a fire stick in the uk with everything on all watchable obviously. When in Spain BBC and all the uk based apps recognise that we are in Spain and will not play. Only able to watch Netflix from UK and sky sports. What I am saying is do not set it up from the uk if living in Spain..
It doesn’t work because you are not using a VPN or DNS. The advice is how to download the apps when in Spain. You must have asked yourself how we all manage to do it successfully watch the UK apps and you cannot. The advice we give is based on experience not on the hoof.
As Paul has already posted there isn’t a SKY sports app for Fire stick but as Sky sports is a pay channel, on any other platform it can be streamed without a DNS or VPN due to the new EU rules regarding access while travelling.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 pm

I dont like your attitude. You speak to people like idiots. I know i haven’t got a VPN. I get Sky and netflix in Spain and am happy with that. I have another way of getting my freeview.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:45 pm

That’s fine but then what was the point of your post? If you post about your likes and dislike it becomes confusing so don’t blame me if you go off theme.

The OP wants to know how to get UK apps onto his firestick. He already has a VPN, which in the case of the fiestick doesn’t help until the apps are downloaded.

Your advice is poor telling him not to change country because that’s exactly he needs to do to get all of them easily and for them them to work properly.. Even Netflix will eventually convert to the Spanish version if you’re here permanently and it won’t matter if you use a VPN or not

It’s up to the OP to decide if he wants to go ahead but don’t give bad advice, which wont help his problem, then complain when I point out that you are wrong with regard to the original question.

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 am

If I get a friend to buy a Firestick for me in the UK and set it up on their UK account then sign out before they post it to me in Spain, presumably once I sign in again with my Spanish prime account even using a VPN router all the UK apps will either not work or disappear ?
I cant see any way I can load them on the Firestick I've already got registered to my Spanish account .
I was under the impression lots of people used them here in Spain , do all these people have a UK Amazon prime account ? Is the only option to have two accounts a UK and a Spanish one ?

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:25 am

I wouldn't be comfortable giving my Amazon details to anyone due its security implications so I don't think that's a good idea .

You don't need to buy a Firestick from the UK either. They can be bought on the Spanish site but you mention in your OP that you already have one.

All you need to do is follow my instructions on how to change your account details so it comes up as British based and the apps will be available to download and will work as long as you use a VPN.

Don't worry, Your Spanish Amazon account will still work as long as you have your Spanish address set up for delivery
Last edited by markwilding on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:50 am

Thank you, I will try this, How do I pay the extra charge for Amazon Prime UK? I believe its more expensive that Amazon ES..

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:56 am

Quite a lot more, something like £7 per month rather the 35euros-ish per year, can't remember exactly. The euro cost is easily covered by free postage on orders.
Regards

Bob

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:28 pm

If I changed my Amazon es account to Amazon UK and paid the extra subscription , would I still get free delivery in Spain and would I get Prime Video or would I have to pay extra again for that on top of my normal subscription ? Thanks

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm

They are separate. Prime UK gives you free postage in the UK and UK video. Prime Spain gives free postage in Spain and Spain video.

Sid