Firestick advice

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: Firestick advice

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:31 pm

And it seems prime music..
Regards

Bob

mikewill
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mikewill » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:29 pm

Im at a loss at what to do then.. I think my only option is to keep my Prime es and get somebody else in my house to take out a Prime UK subscription, expensive I know but cant see any way round it ….

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 pm

You can keep your Prime.es but apps like Iplayer and ITV hub won't be available but the Spanish version of Prime will. If you are just interested in Prime, this might be the best option because the content, especially stuff produced by Amazon is similar.

Or you can change your Country if you are interested in having access to Iplayer etc but have to pay another subscription to get the UK Prime

However, If you do change your country to the British version, it isn't necessary to subscribe to Prime to have access to the Iplayer. In this way it is still possible to watch the Spanish Prime as long as you subscribe to that version but not on the FireStick

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 am

El Cid wrote:When I tried this, I got the UK apps when I set it to the UK address, but no access to Spanish Prime video, just UK Prime for which I do not have a subscription. Changing it back to Spain loses the UK apps, but I get access to Spanish Prime.

Is there any way I can get both together as I can't find one.

Sid
Hi Sid,
It seems the Spanish version does work on the Firestick while set up with a UK address. I'm not sure how I did it but I have two Amazon Prime apps on my Firestick. I think I must have downloaded the Spanish version from Aptoide TV google App store.

There is a version of Iplayer there too but it just takes you to the Silk Browser and is very cumbersome to navigate.
Last edited by markwilding on Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.