TeeVeeing (was TV Mucho)

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
vinuela vinny
Resident

TeeVeeing (was TV Mucho)

Postby vinuela vinny » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:05 pm

Hi All

We have used TeeVeeing (TV Mucho that was) for the last few years, as a low cost easy access provider of non-ppv channels, which was particularly useful indoors on the odd occasion that the iptv was strugging, and outdoors on the porch for news and evening programmes....

Even though the authorities were making life difficult, I could still use the Teeveeing app on both my television and through my vpn, on an ipad, but my subscription expired on 1 June, and now nothing, and my emails are being bounced.... Heigh ho.....

But does anyone know of a similar app that might be available please? Does anyone use and recommend Filmon? Or any other option?

Thank you as always

Vincent

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: TeeVeeing (was TV Mucho)

Postby gerryh » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:47 pm

If you sign into your account and go the "My Membership" you should be able to restart your subscription.
Not aware of a similar app.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:13 pm

A couple of similar services come to mind..

1. Hoola tv, hoolatv.com. Looks like a decent service and have been tepmted to switch. But teeveeing continues to work and provide all that i need UK tv wise.

2. Expatprime. Did actually subscribe to this one a couple of years ago. It appeared to be a superset of tvmucho, the app was almost identical. It was however a little more expensive. So i switched back to tvmucho.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:14 pm

Back to teeveeing. Has anybody noticed that over the last few days the audio an video are out of sync. Or is it just me?
Regards

Bob

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:20 am

Hi All

How embarassing......

As Gerry suggested, I went into "My Membership" and was able to resubscribe, and everything works okay again. Normal service is resumed, and for us, well worth the few euros risked...... Apologies for having asked the stupid question, but grateful for the kind advice and for not being patronised. She who must be obeyed has told me that it's an 'age thing'......

And thanks Casita-Bonita for the heads-up on the alternatives, which I have added to my notes for the future. And TeeVeeing audio and video syncing okay for us.....

Best Regards to all

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:05 am

casita-bonita wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:14 pm Back to teeveeing. Has anybody noticed that over the last few days the audio an video are out of sync. Or is it just me?
Trying to watch The Piano on Sunday the sound was half a minute out from the video, and there was heavy flaring. More worrying is that my email to support has been refused by their server! Usually their response to reports has been rapid if sometimes ineffectual, so I do wonder if the support has collapsed.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:22 am

peteroldracer wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:05 am
casita-bonita wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:14 pm Back to teeveeing. Has anybody noticed that over the last few days the audio an video are out of sync. Or is it just me?
Trying to watch The Piano on Sunday the sound was half a minute out from the video, and there was heavy flaring. More worrying is that my email to support has been refused by their server! Usually their response to reports has been rapid if sometimes ineffectual, so I do wonder if the support has collapsed.
Not just me then :-).. Happened last night on live viewing and the night before on a recording.. Other streams, e.g Prime video are synched ok..
Regards

Bob

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:16 pm

For info : https://torrentfreak.com/e5-3m-pirate-i ... ng-240602/
"€5.3m Pirate IPTV Network ‘Dismantled’ By Spanish Police is Still Streaming"
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:48 pm

satandpcguy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:16 pm For info : https://torrentfreak.com/e5-3m-pirate-i ... ng-240602/
Teeveeing isn't a pirate network tho. Thay have no subscription or PPV channels in their package and say that they are fully legal.
Regards

Bob

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:21 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:48 pm
satandpcguy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:16 pm For info : https://torrentfreak.com/e5-3m-pirate-i ... ng-240602/
Teeveeing isn't a pirate network tho. Thay have no subscription or PPV channels in their package and say that they are fully legal.
Just because they have free to air channels, and not subscription or PPV, does not mean they are not a pirate service.
Anything that redistributes content that they dont own or have permission to redistribute (as per copyright agreements and contracts with content providers) is classed as a pirate service.
As to their claims they are fully legal (and thus must have have permissions and agreements with their content providers), if that were the case why was "TVMucho" closed (same company, same owner, same business model, almost the same website, same content) , why have others offering just FTA (british tv club, robssatellitetv) been closed by ACE, why have the Spanish police raided them?

But then why is Filmon still going after all these years...?
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:29 pm

satandpcguy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:21 pm
Just because they have free to air channels, and not subscription or PPV, does not mean they are not a pirate service.
Anything that redistributes content that they dont own or have permission to redistribute (as per copyright agreements and contracts with content providers) is classed as a pirate service.
As to their claims they are fully legal (and thus must have have permissions and agreements with their content providers), if that were the case why was "TVMucho" closed (same company, same owner, same business model, almost the same website, same content) , why have others offering just FTA (british tv club, robssatellitetv) been closed by ACE, why have the Spanish police raided them?

I don't have sufficient inside information to argue the point. Other than they state on their website that with their virtual satellite receiver technology they are providing a legal service...
Regards

Bob

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:33 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:29 pm
satandpcguy wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:21 pm

I don't have sufficient inside information to argue the point. Other than they state on their website that with their virtual satellite receiver technology they are providing a legal service...
Anyone can state anything on a webpage, does not mean it is legal, or true...
Just look at 95% of the "facts" on facebook etc!!! :D

Their link to the page (freetoair.tv) that they used to help justify it, seems to have broken, with that page no longer available...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:35 pm

Many people who subscribe to these services are always convinced that they are legal and usually refuse to accept the basic fact that rebroadcasting content without the express permission of the rights holders is illegal in most countries including Spain.

As for Filmon it’s just a matter of time. The time will come when the authorities will go after the users but I think that is some time away although it has happened.

My advice is (if your personal ethics are OK with it) enjoy it while you can! Just don’t keep telling me it’s legal - it’s not!

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:42 pm

El Cid wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:35 pm Many people who subscribe to these services are always convinced that they are legal and usually refuse to accept the basic fact that rebroadcasting content without the express permission of the rights holders is illegal in most countries including Spain.

As for Filmon it’s just a matter of time. The time will come when the authorities will go after the users but I think that is some time away although it has happened.

My advice is (if your personal ethics are OK with it) enjoy it while you can! Just don’t keep telling me it’s legal - it’s not!

Sid
Specifically teeveeing some functional information here https://teeveeing.com/how-it-works/..

Whether you believe them is a personal matter...
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:35 am

That wouldn’t hold in law. It’s obvious that UK channels only have right to broadcast some content in the UK.For example, ITV shows La liga football live but they only have the rights for the UK so if this content is being shown by broadcasters other than those which have the rights in Spain, then they are breaking the law especially as they charge for content which they don’t own.
Spain uses strong measure to block illegal sights and quite often to access pirate sites a VPN is required.

What is a personal matter is whether we want to flout the law.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:43 pm

Teeveeing.com does not seem to be available.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:53 pm

It is being blocked . It is a available using a VPN.
Many Pirate sites are blocked in Spain.
If it were because of Geo-blocking, a message is normally flagged saying ‘Not available in this location’.

Francis
Tourist

Postby Francis » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:38 pm

I watch TeeVeeing on my mobile without a VPN.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:16 pm

It’s the website I was referring to, not the app.

Sid

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:24 pm

El Cid wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:43 pm Teeveeing.com does not seem to be available.

Sid
I just checked and it is fine for me...on my ISP.

But just checked using a Movistar ISP / DNS, and it is blocked.

So I suspect it is being blocked by certain ISPs only. eg the big boys like Movistar ORange.