old car plate

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: old car plate

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:47 am

El Cid wrote:
They also never use any vowels in the plate which tends to rule out meaningful three letter words.
Sid
I still make words out of those three letter though .... or am I just odd :crazy: ?? A neighbour's car that passes by our house regularly to go to his greenhouse has BRP as his registration so we call him Burp as we don't know his name. I'm glad I don't have CRP or FRT as we do tend to make words out of those too. I used to regularly see an HRT which would suit me :lol:

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:16 pm

when I was younger & on family journeys, we played several games using numberplates - one was to make words out of the letters, keeping them in order & adding as few letters as possible :-) so I know exactly where you're coming from !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:20 pm

If you remove a cherished number from a classic car with say SYD 1 on it DVLA issue an age related number to the car which then can never be removed and sold on.
Plates can be removed and assigned online now and the retention certificate is 10 years as standard.

gus-lopez
Resident

Postby gus-lopez » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:10 pm

To put it on retention or swopit the donor vehicle has to be mot'd/taxed. You cannot remove /put on retention from a no legal vehicle.
Todos somos Lorca.

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 am

We must be as odd/sad as you Wicksey. My wife and I often make up names for Spanish plated cars we see by using the three letters.