Road Tax Payment

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
jogger
Resident

Road Tax Payment

Postby jogger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:05 pm

I marticulated my car from the UK originally from Germany. I used a company to do all the paperwork, they paid the road tax for this year. The thing is they paid it to the area up the road and i want to pay it to my town hall for next year, although i will be in the UK when it is due. What is the process to pay and to change payments to my local town hall in Casares?

Thanks
Roy

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Road Tax Payment

Postby elusive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Shouldnt the bill go to the address on the log book. The company that did the paperwork for you should have registared the car at your home adress?. I dont believe you can pay the car tax for next year until then. As its based on who is the owner on jan1st.

Some townhalls allow you to change your address details there .theres a list on traffico site that gives all the townhalls where you can do it. i think cid posted a link in a similiar thread recently If your t.h is not on the list then you have to go to trafico to change your details.normally you get you car tax bill through the post so you need to give them yoyr correct address so the right T.h gets the money.
Last edited by elusive on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:08 pm

My new car was registered in a way that I had to pay the payment myself. At first I didn’t realise this because the payment comes directly from the bank for my son’s car. I just popped down to the town hall to set up an automatic direct payment for when it’s due as soon as I realised

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Thanks all, I'll speak to the guy that originally set it up, he might be able to enlighten me. The fact I'm not here when it is due could be a problem.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:14 pm

Can you get someone to pay it. Anyone can take the payment slip to the bank. Or set up a direct debit at the townhall

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:03 pm

I could do either but I need to get it changed from Manilva town hall to Casares, which seems to be the complicated bit.