Headlamp adaptors for lhd car in uk

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Headlamp adaptors for lhd car in uk

Postby costakid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:21 pm

The breathalyser rule has been in for a few years now. Not sure how much its enforced.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:14 pm

It’s still the law but they cannot fine you for not having one!

Sid

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:02 am

I'm teetotal, so's my non-driving missus. My long-standing garage MOT'd the car (2002 - before all these 'projector' headlamps became the rage) and categorically told me there's no bleed onto the left that would annoy Eurodrivers and he's correct. It's just that I'll be driving back in Nov so I am making sure that absolutely every excuse for petulance is covered. I will give the breathalyser a dodge, though, so it's good to know about the fine (although a Chunnel-missing lengthy lecture would be as good as).

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:57 am

It was never a big deal as the fine was only €11.

Sid

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:11 am

markwilding wrote:I got stopped in France just before we crossed into Belgium. They asked me some questions such as where I was going and asked me if I was travelling with more than 10,000 Euros. I wasn't until about a week later when we were on the ferry crossing into the UK, did I realise that France requires drivers to have breathalysers. Lucky not to get a fine.
You'd be fine, as others said, there's no fine! It was an administrative balls-up. I lived in France at the time and worked in vehicle rental so remember this farce well. RAC confirm it: https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/travel/country/france/