Spanish Driving licence Photo

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
DinnoDaze
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish Driving licence Photo

Postby DinnoDaze » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:37 pm

Apologies for the daft question...I had photos done for my Residencia application then found they were not needed. The photographs show me smiling. Does anyone know if there is a requirement for a driving licence photo to show face not smiling? I don't want to go all the way to Granada and be told the photo isn't acceptable

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Driving licence Photo

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:55 pm

I would get them done again. Passports and licences don't allow smiling etc

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:29 pm

Licences are OK. My last two were definitely smiling pictures, taken by the guy at the test centre.

Passports are more critical as they are used for facial recognition at passport control. Licences do not need that.

Sid

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:51 pm

costakid wrote:I would get them done again. Passports and licences don't allow smiling etc
Not true for driving licences in Spain. Girlfriend was even told to smile by woman taking it!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:36 am

Make sure they are the correct size. They are now tiny, 32x26mm. The shop that did my OH's for his licence kept saying he knew how to do them when we said about the size, but they were rejected by Trafico and we had to go back to have them resized.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:03 am

surprises me that. In the UK they drag your passport photo off the .gov site and use it for your licence so defo no smiling.

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby alpineSi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:50 pm

Yep, but a good example of not assuming everyone follows UK standards.. I was smiling on my old Irish passport too; they only changed that to no smiling in the last decade (I assume to meet biometric face scanning standards).

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:41 am

Camera shops that take passport photos know exactly what is required. The really good ones will also have examples of the requirements of different countries because they can vary. If not, when you want one taken for a UK passport, it might get rejected if you send one that conforms to a Spanish rules, which happened to me.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 am

markwilding wrote:Camera shops that take passport photos know exactly what is required.
Our one didn't when it came to the photos for the driving licence. That wasted a week or two as it had all been sent to Trafico by our gestoria only to be rejected. I guess it's something fairly recent as it was the first lot they'd had sent back to be redone.