Missed traffico notification

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Upthemountain
Tourist

Missed traffico notification

Postby Upthemountain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:18 pm

I was carded by Correos on 30/12/19 but the card said delivered on 16/12/19. Went to the post office to be told it was from traffico but they no longer had it as they only keep for 7 days. Hopefully this has happened to someone else on the forum who can tell me if I will be sent it again or where I go to find out what is is as I have no clue.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Missed traffico notification

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:34 pm

As has been documented on this forum many times, the easiest way of ensuring you receive notifications from DGT, AEAT etc is to obtain a digital certificate and register with them especially if you live 'up a mountain'.

There are other methods, buscamultas, TESTRA and even your insurance company but by the time it reaches this stage it is usually too late to pay with the customary discount.

Check out the FAQs and have a look through the forum and if you really get stuck either myself or one of the other forum members will dig up some links to relevant threads.

Upthemountain
Tourist

Postby Upthemountain » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:37 pm

Thank you Beachcomber, I will check out the FAQ’s and also contact my insurance company as I remember taking out that extra cover.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 pm

as beach said, too late is too late. The insurance company only knows when you do, they dont know in advance and will also be too late to see it so that you get a discount.

The only way to know on time is from the DGT.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:17 am

If you are registered with DGT for notification of traffic fines you may receive an email telling that you have a notification. The notification will probably be entitled 'Prueba' and will show your details. You just need to click 'Acceptar' to acknowledge it then a blank DGT form will open as a PDF as a test document. If you do not receive such a notification you should check that the registration of your digital certificate with DGT is valid.

Don't forget, if you have two digital certificates on your computer (ie husband and wife) you need to close down the browser completely after accessing one of them before you can access the other.

Obviously if you have actually committed a traffic offence you will receive that notification in the usual way.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:41 pm

Thanks for that Beach. My OH had received the email but I didn't. I seem to be set up OK on the DGT site and have received the blank test form OK. I hadn't read the message and accepted it though so I've done that. Always hate getting an email from them, although we've barely been out to get a fine!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Hi,
Was on the DGT site this morning as it had flagged up a email notification..........for me
Some info of interest maybe.............

If you received the "Test" message........English site version.

"If you have received an electronic notification notice at your Road Electronic Address with notification date 06/10/2020 and the subject 'TEST' do not worry, it is a notification issued due to a technical error.

Sorry for the disturbances."

Other stuff
If they have entered your details correctly there is a record of your vehicles.........ITV , Insurance etc.
You can change some of your details on-line.

Worth registering if you're in for the long haul in Spain........... :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Looks like somebody pressed the wrong button then. I thought, maybe, they had updated their systems and wanted to check that it was all working but there is now a similar notification on the Spanish version of the site.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:04 pm

Hi,
Just had another email from DGT...................
Dear Sir / Madam,

In the last hours, an electronic notification from the DGT has been made available to your Road Electronic Address with the subject "TEST".
You will have received notices in the email account and by SMS on your mobile phone.

This electronic notification also attaches a PDF form for Traffic formalities.

We inform you that it is a notification issued by technical error from our systems. It has no effect on the processing of DGT procedures or of any of the Municipalities that send notifications through this medium.

We regret the inconvenience that we have been able to cause you and we apologize.

PS That's me playing around with the Quotes...............as well............ :)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.