Car transfer

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

Car transfer

Postby Canela » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:58 pm

Good morning
I sold my car to a dealer last may and we went to the gestor together to make the transfer. I have just received notification that my car should go for the ITV in February. How do I find out if the car is still in my name?
Thanks for any help

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Car transfer

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:23 pm

The easiest way would be to go back to the gester and check that the transfer has been made. Ask him for a copy of the validated transfer form.

If you don't believe him or require something more official you can apply for an 'Informe de vehículo' from DGT. If you have a digital certificate or Cl@ve you can do this on the DGT web site. If not you will need to make an appointment and go to a DGT office.

If you know someone in the Policia Local or Guardia Civil you may be able to persuade them to check for you. Explain that you do not want to know who owns the vehicle but that you just want to ensure that it is no longer registered in your name.

Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Car transfer

Postby Canela » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks Beachcomber