Speeding Fine

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
gerrynag
Resident

Speeding Fine

Postby gerrynag » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:18 pm

When I checked my post box this afternoon, I discovered that I had received a speeding fine. So have gone to dgt site to pay it. In the info you need to fill in, it asks for Fecha Notificacion, now does this mean the date that you were caught speeding or the date that you were notified of it or the date that the speeding form was sent to you?

ashtondav
Resident

Re: Speeding Fine

Postby ashtondav » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:23 pm

When I arrived back in the UK i discovered 2 letters informing me of offences committed driving up to Bilbao.

As i recall i entered the date of the offence on the notification. All went through ok , even with discount besides being outside the discount date window.

gerrynag
Resident

Re: Speeding Fine

Postby gerrynag » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Read the parking fine letter more carefully and found that the date they want is the date that I actually received the letter, which seems strange as you could put any date down. Anyway, put that date into form and it went through ok and gave me the 50% discount.