DeRestrict an A2 Motorbike

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
john the baptist
Resident

DeRestrict an A2 Motorbike

Postby john the baptist » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Im thinking of buying a friends A2 bike i have an A licence so obviously not interest in the limited horsepower. I know that it was expensive to get the restriction on the bike and the official dealers certificate however does anyone know the procedure of reversing this. I could un restrict it without issue however come ITV time they will check on the restriction and/or ask for a certificate that it was done properly.

Does anyone know how much it cost (if at all) to get a dealer to sort out the paperwork also I was told that a not all motors can be restricted and on a Yamaha Fazer it will never again get to 98cv but after de restriction it will go to 70cv.. It seem like so much bureaucracy.

can anyone provide any advice??

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: DeRestrict an A2 Motorbike

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:06 pm

The easy answer - like a problem house, walk away, then if you want a bike buy one that suits you.
The difficult/expensive/time-consuming/aggravating answer - buy this bike and be forever unhappy with it.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.