Water dog wanted

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
crazyred
Resident

Water dog wanted

Postby crazyred » Mon May 23, 2011 9:26 pm

A friend is looking to give a home to a female Spanish or Portuguese water dog. An older (3,4 or 5 year old) dog would be preferable.
If you know of one needing a good home or someone looking to rehome please could you let me know.
Based in Sabinillas but may be able to travel within reason and for the right dog.

Thanks in advance.

murbisa
Resident

Re: Water dog wanted

Postby murbisa » Mon May 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Hi Crazyred.
Sebastian Alonso has his kennels opposite us and a very reputable breeder of Spanish Water Dogs.
He might have or know of an adult needing rehoming. If you want his phone number pm me.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 pm

have a look around in the charity places ? aid, ace, chain, sos, any of those maybe ? rehoming one has surely got to be the best option :thumbup:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

cozykennels
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby cozykennels » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:52 pm

I will ask at Los Barrios / Spanish stray dogs if they have any and get back to you

Chantelle

cozykennels
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby cozykennels » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:02 am

Hi,

I have had a reply from Aimee - Spanish Stray Dogs and here are a few facebook links with photos of of a few of the spanish water dogs in the pound... click below

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

There are a lot more at the Los Barrios killing station, if you message Aimee at Spanish Stray Dogs she would be more than happy to take you down there!!

Goodluck

cozykennels
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby cozykennels » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 am

Happy Ending/Final Feliz - Helping abandoned dogs in Spain

Hi guys. We have a male water dog that falls into this age group.You can see a picture on our website:http://www.happy-ending-final-feliz.eu/ ... d%205.html We also have 2 others but they are a bit younger than the age stated.If you want any more information you can email me on [email protected]

tiatula
Tourist

Postby tiatula » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 am

Did you find a SWD? We have a four year old female looking for a home......you can see her on www.jesselliotperrodeagua.com

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

I had noticed that they have quite a few perro de aguas in ace-charity.org.Good Luck,hope you find what your looking for.

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Just had a look on google as wasn't sure what they look like. What kind of temperament have these dogs got.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Temperament is loyalty to a fault, whenever I am out and about in the garden I have one either side just following me around. By the way I started with one, I now have three and if was humanly possible I would take everyone from the rescue centres.
Saying that we did have one from a local goat herder, I think it had been inbred to many times and we had to have it put down.
I can recommend a book if anyone is really interested. :thumbup:

biribiri
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby biribiri » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:56 am

We adopted a 3-4 yr old Spanish water dog last year and have to say he's a joy to own. Despite his previous misstreated life I have never known such a friendly obedient dog.

Although he may have a small identity problem as he hates getting wet. :D

crazyred
Resident

Postby crazyred » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks all, my friend found a gorgeous chocolate brown water dog at a local shelter. She'd been abandoned with her pups (I believe all have been homed) & is very bouncy & playful. Excellent with my children and very eager to please :D

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Glad she got sorted out. :thumbup:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Wonderful that you have the dog you wanted.These dogs are very intelligent and eager to please however they do require plenty of exercise and you do have to give persistant instructions as they can be manipulative in order to get their own way.Having said that we only have one of our aguas who is rather crafty and manipulative at times!Have fun and enjoy.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 pm

biribiri,we also have one of our aguas that is not keen on water,she tried it for a while when our other agua first arrived(he adores water) and she then decided she didnt like it at all!