Amendment to community rules - dogs/other animals!

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Amendment to community rules - dogs/other animals!

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:22 pm

Is it possible to amend community rules to prohibit dogs or other animals being kept in apartments?
I ask, as You And The Law In Spain would infer that with the appropriate voting, this can be done.
I have twice raised this at our A.G.M.s, only to be told that this is NOT possible as it would "infringe the human rights" of owners if the keeping of pets in properties owned by community members was forbidden.
May we have a definite ruling on this, (quoting appropriate legal rulings) and clarifying the necessary voting requirements, from David Searl, please?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Amendment to community rules - dogs/other animals!

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:31 pm

As far as I am aware this would require an amendment to the community statutes which can only be achieved by a unanimous vote. (Article 17, Section 1)
Let's go Brandon!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:13 pm

Some communities have this rule but it never seems to be enforced. Some friends lives are misery because of this. They can (just about) cope with all the dog cr@p but everytime they sit out the neighbours dog barls incessantly. Despite the rules and complaints no pasa nada.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:16 pm

Strychnine in a steak is the answer!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:36 pm

pigs-might-fly wrote:Strychnine in a steak is the answer!
I assume you mean for the people who complain about other people keeping pets?

Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:53 pm

No - for yapping sanguinary dogs.

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:17 am

as an owner of two yappy dogs,i agree that they can be annoying,it is the owners tho not the dogs that need sorting out,my neighbours dont moan as my dogs yap when we go for a walk at the start,or other dogs walk by,but not for long as we put a stop to it,and we clean up

dont forget the spanish are the one that put all the poo on the streets,the dogs i presume,you wanna poison dogs is well out of order

not funny idiot
jayne countys most famous song,google it

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 am

We have all just been served with a notice from our community regarding dogs mess,microchipping etc of animals...you will now be fined if you dont pick up the dog doo ~500E,also your dog has to be microchipped etc..no dogs are allowed on balconies all day as it annoys the neighbours..
I totally agree with everything they have written..however after all this written about dogs annoying people...they fail to pick up on far more important issues of cars parking out of there driveways (when we all have room for two cars or more)on yellow lines all around the Urb,parking on zebra crossings etc...surely this is a more important issue to sort out,than a load of dog *beep*!!!
Children play on the roads and paths they are going to be runover shortly if this isnt sorted out as people coming round the one way system in the Urb cant see kids for cars.Are children not more important that dog mess????think they have their priorities mixed up.. :twisted: gets right on my goat!!!

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:43 pm

I discussed this issue with our president several days ago and he told me basically the same as Beachcomber, this vote of course would not carry because the animal owners would veto it so really an unwinnable situation, the only thing you can do is make the owners in question's life a misery, ie you could post a few hundred grams of maggots (easily available as live bait) through their rejas or postbox on a warm day while they're out :? what me evil??
Ah! the full english!!

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:55 pm

It's still horribly unfair that yapping dogs are allowed to make people's lives a misery with no apparent remedy, except denuncia, which if the aforesaid owners are Spanish, will be treated with utter contempt.

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:05 pm

BUMP!

alpujarrans
Tourist

Postby alpujarrans » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:37 pm

Yep, a lot of pet maggots by far sounds like the quieter option.
Wee Willy

costapacket
Resident

Postby costapacket » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Pigs-might-fly

I remember the first thread you started on this, might have been last year. Just wondering, did you try any of the suggestions made then such as the thing that emitted a noise that the dog doesn't like when it barks? The idea was that the dog would be trained not to bark.

Not that you should have to go to the expense I know but if you are desperate enough might be worth trying rather than suffering another 12 months of yapping dogs.

roger brown

Postby roger brown » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 pm

We are a complex of 80 apartments and have a working committee of 5 owners plus the president We wish to make a rule stopping dog owners walking around the communal areas unnecessarily with tbeir pets.Has this to be agreed and passed at an AGM or EGM?

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:15 pm

I think if they are on a lead and not fouling then this would be difficult to enforce. What’s unnecessary walking around? They could well just be on their way for walkies outwith the community?? Our community rightly doesn’t allow them by the pool area.