Two digital cert applications?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
rafiki
Resident

Two digital cert applications?

Postby rafiki » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:42 pm

I am going to try getting our digital certs this week, one for myself and one for my wife. I have read the FAQ and the relevant web pages and feel reasonably confident [touches wood]. Is it feasible to apply for two codes on the same machine at the same time or is it advisable to do one, obtain the first cert, and then repeat the procedure to get the second?
Brian.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Two digital cert applications?

Postby El Cid » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Yes, can do as many as you like in the same session.

Sid

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:11 pm

Thanks Sid. I'm wary of the instruction not to change anything between obtaining the codes and downloading the certs. Being a compulsive PC fiddler I think I'll shut this laptop down immediately after printing the codes and not restart until the allocated time after going through ID verification. In the meantime I'll make do with the Surface Pro tablet. I will also switch off auto system updates... :crazy:
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi rafiki,
Please make a note of any deviations you have to make from the FAQ, so it can be updated if necessary.

Your OS version and Browser info as well.

Thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:47 pm

OK Enrique. I'm planning to get the codes tomorrow evening and go to our ayuntamiento on Wednesday morning. I'm impressed they are able to handle it, a little village like ours!
Brian.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:10 pm

So far so good. Codes printed and docs gathered, copies made. It's a happy coincidence that the girl processing applications at our ayuntamiento is a friend. I Facebook messaged her today to get the hours she can do this.

I may have mentioned before that I'm impressed our little village (pop. 4500) is able to process digital certs.

One small hiccough Enrique: my first submission for a code was rejected with an error message. I followed through on the message (there is a link to a description of and solutions for such messages) and it was necessary to edit cookies in IE 11 latest version to positively allow the cert application website. Once that was accomplished both submissions proceeded OK.

Meeting with our friend Edu at 9 tomorrow morning.
Brian.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:21 pm

Enrique, one thing that puzzled me was that our friend was surprised that I would generate my own code. She says that the information office across the road could generate it for me if I wished on production of my docs. I thought, if somebody needs to get them to generate the code for them how the hell are they going to deal with the certificate!? Thoughts?
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:37 pm

Hi rafiki,
May be the Procedure has changed........... :?:
When I went for my Original one (3+ years ago) it was as per the FAQ's....
From my Notes..I used Windows XP SP3 and IE8......... :crazy: That was compliant with the Web site at the time.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Not taking any chances here Enrique: IE 11 latest. Windows 10 latest update. Thinkpad 540p.
Brian.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:35 pm

All done!

She wanted code printout, passport and green residence form. No copies required. We didn't have to sign the cert confirmation form she printed.

Download would be available immediately she said and was sort of confirmed by a confirming email to my phone seconds after printing out the cert confirmation form in her office.

I downloaded the cert this afternoon about 5 hours after leaving her office.

The cert is valid for 4 years.

The download page I followed from the email contains a misleading instruction. It says that if the application was made 'before March 1st' not to use that page for but to follow a further link. I did that and it failed! I went back to the original page, entered the required details and download completed fine. They must be referring to an earlier March 1st.

I just tested my cert and it works fine in IE11 and Opera browser.
Brian.