Property valuation

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
gruff
Resident

Re: Property valuation

Postby gruff » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:16 am

I've been asked by my chap in Spain when I get a death certificate can I get an international one, i.e. in Spanish. Is that possible?

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 am

I seem to recall when I collected a death certificate on behalf of a friend, I got 4 one of which was in English for presenting to the UK authorities.

Sorry, I think you want an answer the other way round!!!
Gerry

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:11 pm

See here, about half way down:

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-dea ... ertificate

However, I think it may still have to be apostilled by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The Apostille is required to confirm the authenticity of the document not the translation so I am not sure if the Multilingual Standard Form bearing the Spanish translation will suffice on its own and, anyway, presumably it would have to be used prior to the United Kingdom leaving the EU.

It may be safer to get the English certificate translated by a Notary Public in the UK who will also take care of any Apostille that may be required.

I would suggest that you check with your 'chap in Spain'!

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:03 am

It does look like Beachcomber is correct. It is all dragging on. It may well be I have to send the legalised document by courier to Spain. Anybody with experience of doing this?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:30 pm

If you use a well-established multilingual UK notary public he will take care of everything including the translation, the Apostille, and sending the document to Spain by courier.

We have been using DePinna for nearly thirty five years and everything has always been done correctly and efficiently. Contact for Spain is Martin Charlton:

https://www.depinna.com/martin-charlton