In praise of good service!

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
brenda
Resident

In praise of good service!

Postby brenda » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:50 pm

Nice to be able to recommend a business for good customer service.

Hubby found one of car tyres had slow puncture so this morning we went to Neumaticos Merino at the El Ingenio shopping centre in Velez Malaga. We were quickly and courteously dealth with, chose the new tyre we wanted - €95 - and told to return in about an hour.

Went to start shopping and 10 minutes later our mobile rang asking hubby to return to the garage. Here a mechanic told him that a small nail had become inbedded in the tyre causing the slow leak and, as the tyre was otherwie in excellent condition it was a shame to replace it when it could be easily repaired.

Returned again 30 minutes later when work was completed - final bill €9!

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:12 pm

Excellent new, people are quick to complain, nice to have someone with a complement. good one :lol:

Lion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Lion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:09 pm

I too have used that branch of Merino on El Ingenio, mine was also a puncture, I was all set to pay out for a new tyre also but they repaired it instead for around 8 Euros.

Was very good service.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:24 pm

Excellent new, people are quick to complain, nice to have someone with a complement. good one
:lol:
:) :) :)
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Davanne21
Tourist

Postby Davanne21 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:15 pm

Could not see this happening in the UK :?

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:41 am

Davanne21 wrote:Could not see this happening in the UK :?
Dont agree with the statement, I've had a few done, I guess it also depends on the tyre center

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:48 pm

chrisuk wrote:
Davanne21 wrote:Could not see this happening in the UK :?
Dont agree with the statement, I've had a few done, I guess it also depends on the tyre center
Agree, I've had several done in my local garage because of a nail embedded. and for very liitle money. They simply plug it and refit, 10-15 minutes at the most. Not sure why it could only happen in Spain and not UK. :? Most local tyre centers, wherever they are, rely on locals for repeat business, ripping them off is not the best way to ensure they keep coming back.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

olive
Andalucia Guru

repair

Postby olive » Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:33 pm

It depends where in the tyre the puncture is and nature of the hole. In simple terms a rubber plug not unlike a golf tee in shape is glued and pushed through.

I have had two done here ,one pushed through from the inside(6euros) and one alarmingly pushed through from the outside(4 euros). That one is now the spare!

I understand they can only be repaired if the puncture is on the flat part of the tyre in contact with the road AND if it is on the flat part (not curved inside wall). That rules out most punctures from experience!

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:30 pm

Rather than having it plugged which most garages in the UK will not do, have a tube put in until the tyre needs replacing.

chrisuk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby chrisuk » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:40 pm

spanish hopes wrote:Rather than having it plugged which most garages in the UK will not do, have a tube put in until the tyre needs replacing.
Bad move with a radial tyre, generates heat and boooooom, sorry I had to do that but it cant be done, any tyre guy that does this needs to be re evaluated or struck off.