Malaga vs Barca tickets

In this section members new and old are encouraged to post news and information about events taking place in Andalucia.
Stevemul
Resident

Malaga vs Barca tickets

Postby Stevemul » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:45 am

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga vs Barca tickets

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:58 am

Touting is illegal if you are asking over face value.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm

Why have you jumped to that conclusion? I was only trying to help!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm

I haven’t jumped to anything. Just pointing out that if your touting it is illegal. If your selling for a loss it is not.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:38 pm

I'm not selling anything. I was merely passing on information from a friend who organises football match coach trips from a Nerja bar in case anyone on this forum was interested.
He happened to have some spare tickets due to others being unable to go. The price was the ticket price plus a small amount for the coach from Nerja.
This would have been obvious to someone clicking on the link. There was no need to issue " holier than thou" ticket tout warnings.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm

So just to be clear you are selling the tickets for more than face value? That is touting!!!!!!! The bus and cheese sandwich that you throw in has nothing to do with it unless you are a registered tour operator.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:43 pm

And I am also surprised Cid hasn’t deleted your link.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:22 pm

Those tickets were 90e for the Barca game so it seems a nailed on bargain with a hassle free lift thrown in.

They are fetching far more money than that from bona fide and legal outlets to be fair to the guy.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Stevemul
Resident

Postby Stevemul » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 pm

Thank you Devils Advocate - a bit of common sense at last.
For the last time Mr CID. I'm not selling anything.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:37 pm

I am happy with your post, as you rightly say, you aren't selling anything.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 pm

Is touting illegal? Just because it is in the UK, doesn't make it so here.

On the bright side Barcelona lost again.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Yes ticket touting is Illegal in Spain, since 1982 but only covers "touting" on the street, it's never been updated hence doesn't make any provision to online ticket touting.
"Ticket touting in person is illegal in Spain, but there is no legislation specifically targeted at online resale"
I So Bella tis you

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Spare a thought for me..

I am a "Gooners" season ticket holder.

Probably could not give it away at present !

anyroads

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:59 pm

Always a strange one to me......

From the "Gooners" underground station to the actual ground, a distance of a few hundred yards, you run the gauntlet of several "gentlemen" selling ( or sometimes buying ) tickets for the match. I am not sure they are selling them at "face value"...

I have never seen a policeman anywhere near them.

anyroads

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:17 pm

These days it's not always so straight-forward to buy tickets for matches in England especially if you are like me and can only go from time to time. I have been to A/senal and Southampton this year.

Basically you have to register. With A-senal there is a membership fee, which I pay for my son because he supports them. We just wait until the tickets become available to his membership level and then buy them.

I have been to other grounds over the last few years and you just register online and buy when they become available. I went to Watford last season and bought a ticket from the ticket office on match day .

In Spain, It is much easier to watch a match unless one of the big boys come to town because the grounds are never usually even close to full. Even going to see Barcelona and Real Madrid at their home grounds is relatively easy as long as you don't want to see something like El Classico.

I don't know if other clubs do this but at Athletic Bilbao season ticket holders have to pay for one match per season which is usually one from either Barcelona or Real Madrid. Many don't take up the option as a protest so in fact more tickets become available albeit, they are quite expensive so it's always worth trying through official channels first.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:21 pm

Even as a season ticket holder, I will struggle to get a Cup Final Ticket.

A/senal will get 20,000 tickets, something like 44,000 season ticket holders, so it is basically a lottery.

anyroads

Raybo
Tourist

Postby Raybo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 pm

This is something that has always disgusted me about English football, the true fans are pushed to one side when it comes to the big games like cup finals because there are too many tickets given to corporate hospitality. You’ve only got to watch a big England game or final at Wembley, the seats in the corporate section of the ground are still half empty up to ten minutes after half time because the hospitality crowd are still stuffing their faces in the hospitality lounges.
I know this goes on because as a keen footballer and referee in my younger days I was on the committee of the Notts.FA and was often offered these events. The few times I took up the offer I was amazed at the amount of recipients that surrounded me knew little or nothing about the game. (The I’m only here for the beer crowd).

I have a Spanish friend who is a lifelong Barca fan but has never been to one of their home games because he can’t afford the ticket prices, and has only ever seen them when they play at clubs like Malaga which is sad.
I am looking forward to visiting the Malaga ground when I come down in December so I have saved the link posted above thank you stevemul.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 pm

It surprises me that your mate can't buy tickets to see Barcelona. i have gone a couple of times, admittedly to see less glamorous teams but the cost was 49 euros to be in the gods. This season I paid a little less to watch Tottenham at Wembley but more to watch Ar#senal last season.

Raybo
Tourist

Postby Raybo » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 pm

That’s exactly my point Mark he can only afford to watch Barca when they play less attractive sides like Malaga, he was born in Barcelona but came down the coast to Fuengirola as a kid but has always supported Barca. To buy tickets for one of the premium games at The Camp Nou plus travel from Fuengi to Barcelona makes it an expensive trip.

I am down in Los Boliches in May and I believe Malaga have a game while I’m there will I be able to turn up at the stadium and buy a ticket on the night ? And how long does it take to walk from the RENFE station to the ground I believe you just follow the river is that so ?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 am

They are going down unfortunately so you will be able to buy tickets at the stadium. 15 minutes walk along side the dry river bed from last train stop (malaga centro) to the stadium.