Removal companies

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Removal companies

Postby littleeak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place as I'm looking for advice on moving from Andalucia....
Planning to move back to the UK early next year and am looking for Removal Company recommendations. Ideally would like someone to pack too.
Thank you.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Removal companies

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Roy Trevor in fuengirola are reliable. Used them to get a friends stuff back to uk for him. I also shipped a car with Union Jack but that was 15 years ago. They are still trading though.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 pm

Don't know about packing, but contact Jimbo (http://www.jimbothescot.com/) - he's done a couple of jobs for us, and I know other forum members have used him too - all gave glowing reports :-) . He probably does the packing, but I've always packed for myself, so don't really know, just ask him.
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:33 pm

We used david dale removals. Based in the uk but have an office in alicante.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:06 pm

I have used Malaga Removals, very pleased with their service and pricing.
Gerry

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:26 pm

Get a few quotes & ask a few questions before choosing one.

We used Britannia last year to move from Torremolinos to Merseyside. They have a depot in Mijas where they will store your stuff for a limited time for free before shipping - useful if you need a bit of time before delivery in the UK. Their quote was competitive. We also asked Union Jack to quote, since we had used them in the past with no problems, but they failed to respond to our request for a quote. Another company we tried (think it was Matthew James) didn't bother coming out to see what we had to ship, and just gave an estimate based on a phone conversation, so it wasn't a hard choice in the end.
The packing service was excellent - everything arrived in perfect condition. However - for some geographically inexplicable reason, Britannia use their depot in Swansea of all places to receive all shipments from the continent, and then distribute to addresses around the UK from there. It seems the bulk of their clients are in the South East (so why not use a depot in, say, Portsmouth - too obvious?) and we had great difficulty persuading them to deliver to us in the North West within the promised time frame (They wanted to wait until they had more shipments coming our way). We had to get very shirty with them, and the depot back in Spain didn't want to know either, saying it was out of their hands (once it was out of the country, presumably). Something to bear in mind & ask about perhaps when choosing.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

littleeak
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby littleeak » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 am

Thank you everyone.
We've had a couple of quotes based on me sending a list of our items.....so not entirely accurate. I'll have a look at Britannia next!

Liam6544
Tourist

Postby Liam6544 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:46 am

chrissiehope wrote:Don't know about packing, but contact Jimbo (http://www.jimbothescot.com/) - he's done a couple of jobs for us, and I know other forum members have used him too - all gave glowing reports :-) . He probably does the packing, but I've always packed for myself, so don't really know, just ask him.
You made my search much easier. Thank you very much! Hope to help me :)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:58 am

I think you should change your picture.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:37 am

Won't be around for long, see they have managed to get a link pushed in. Some spammers this week or could be the same one. Peases me off when it says new posts and spam comes up.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Not sure what the problem is here. The link to Jimbo the Scot was posted by a long established member in response to a request for a recommendation in accordance with forum rules and he has been recommended on several occasions previously. The spam links on other threads were removed within an hour or so of them having been posted.

Don't forget, you can always use the 'Report this post' button if you see something that you think is in contravention of forum rules.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:27 pm

Not that one there was another just called LINK in another of the posts, didn't click on it.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:24 pm

It's on the Recycling thread - just says 'site' . Links to a mattress company (didn't click, just hovered !)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks, I knew I had seen it somewhere :D

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Yes, thank you Chrissiehope. The link has now been removed and the member advised.

Just as a further note to members, please make use of the 'Report this post' facility in circumstances such as this. It is the exclamation mark icon.

Sorry for going off topic. Back to the plot!