Leroy Merlin/Bauhaus Delivery

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
telboy
Resident

Leroy Merlin/Bauhaus Delivery

Postby telboy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Does anyone have an idea of charges for delivery for either of these stores.

I was wanting to purchase a large amount of floor and wall tiles. I am approx 70km north of Malaga near Cordoba Province.

cheers terry

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leroy Merlin/Bauhaus Delivery

Postby costakid » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:41 pm

If you spend a large amount you should get a deal on delivery because they may not be stored at Malaga anyway. The may even be stored local to you.

Weescottie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Weescottie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 pm

It’s not expensive. Try putting in a dummy order to get an idea of costs.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:01 pm

Tiles cannot be ordered online.

Bauhaus - Will not deliver outside of Malaga province they said the charge would be 130€ to deliver to the edge of the province but in our case we are in Granada province around Iznajar where Granada, Malaga, and Cordoba provinces meet. In there favour they would charge this for the complete delivery of Toilet System, 80sq mtrs of floor and 20sq mtrs of wall tiles and 3.6mtr kitchen work top etc. The tiles would cost around 1000€ in total.

Leroy Merlin (Malaga) - Said they would charge 180€ for the tiles delivery, but the other items would be on a separate delivery again 180€ for the delivery of a 90€ kitchen worktop the same applies to Leroy Merlin Granada.

Basically we need a 'man with a van' or order the tiles we want from a local supplier and pay that extra price per sq mtr with free delivery. As for the kitchen worktop, I am finding it difficult to find a supplier (of over 3mtrs) other than at large DIY stores.

cheers all
terry

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:38 pm

We found many builders’ merchants with a wide range of tiles at better prices than the big two, and a local business is more likely to deliver cheaply or free, and maybe throw in the odd bag of grout and adhesive.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:14 pm

Granada Leroy Merlin store might be cheaper on delivery charges.

Worktop. Try the small woodworkers near the rear of Morenos builders merchant in Loja. We need two just over 3 metre lengths next week.

Have you tried ceferino in Huetor Tajar. They deliver to us for a fee. 180 euros seems quite reasonable from Malaga, man to load, unload, four hours round trip plus fuel . You aren't that much further from Huetor. . Ceferinos have a good range and can get stuff in. Maybe cannot match the diy sheds on special offers.

More years ago than I care to remember, we bought 50 sq metres of value tiles which we brought back from Leroy Malaga in several trips by car. We drew off the stock to tile four rooms as we reformed them.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Olive wrote “More years ago than I care to remember, we bought 50 sq metres of value tiles which we brought back from Leroy Malaga in several trips by car. We drew off the stock to tile four rooms as we reformed them.”
Good plan, remember to ALWAYS transport tiles ON EDGE (VERTICALLY) or a bump in the road will shatter them, as happened when Leroy brought a load on a lorry!
Buy enough, with spares to cover cutting and breakages, to finish the job and check they all have the same batch number, then shuffle them across several packs to avoid one area in a slightly different shade standing out like a sore thumb.
We tiled 50 sq m round our pool and the above worked.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:14 am

There must be a store locally to you ?? Why have something so big delivered from so far away? the price difference cannot possible cover the delivery charges?

What happens when the toilet doesnt work, or they deliver the wrong tiles? what a nightmare.. rather you than me :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Just briefly - I spent almost an hour replying to all your post suggestions pressed submit and the sign in page appeared :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: I must have been timed out. :thumbdown:

In a nutshell - Leroy Merlin accepted my online order and are putting it together for delivery, total delivery cost 85€, the tiles will come direct from their supplier in Barcelona. Will keep you posted

Thanks to fellow posters :thumbup:

terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:45 pm

Terry

That is a result :thumbup: