Lost Post

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Lost Post

Postby telboy » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Just a note so say that I posted two letters (different recipients, different areas of the UK) on 26th April this year in a post box at The Plaza Mayor near the railway platform. Why? Because I live in the campo 50km north of Malaga and thought the post would be delivered quicker down near the coast since I was in that area. Wrong - my mother has called today to thank me for her birthday card, her birthday was on the 2nd May. The other recipient a friend also emailed today to say they'd received my post. :wtf: OK I can understand one letter getting lost, maybe the whole sack got lost.

terry

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lost Post

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 am

They prob only empty boxes in locations like that every so often and when they see theres a decent amount in it? Do many people actually use them?

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:35 am

But was it a Correos post box, rather than a private one. They all look similar.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 am

I always send stuff from the Post Office, and still have failures. Cards are a particular source of failure.

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 pm

As an ex postie in Britain (but not for long), I can tell you that they even had a name for mail items that they don’t want to deliver. Greetings cards often got opened, looking for money inside, then thrown away.
I never use post boxes over here because; it’s sometimes difficult to know the correct postage rate, and if it’s wrong, items may get ignored and just sit in a bin until someone decides they’ve been there long enough?