Digital signature/electronic certificate-

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Digital signature/electronic certificate-

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi Wicksey,
I've just done the procedure you Posted and it Loads OK

Make a copy of your current backup copy of the Exported Certificate you currently have in Library-documents , I'm concerned that this is your only copy. :(
Create a Folder named Digital_Signature_Chrome and copy it in to there

In Manage Certificates........ remove Digital Signature from Other People.....check what is in Personal :?:

If not in Personal then Import........ browse to your Digital_Signature_Chrome Folder and Import
If you get Success Message it will show in Personal

:!: :!: :!:
Just come across this........I Imported Certificate into Other People and see that the Remove tab is Greyed out..........

So in Search box........type certmgr.msc go to Other People , highlight Certificate and Delete.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:24 am

Should I remove it from the other people first? I did the first part of setting up another folder etc and trying to import from there but nothing in personal. Just wondering if it doesn't go to two places at once.

I am doing this on my Win7 PC but may try from scratch doing it on my Win10 laptop. Can I have it on 2 devices at once?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:03 am

Hi Wicksey,
Delete it from Other First......it doesn't really matter.

N.B. If the Delete Tab in Other is Greyed out.............you will need to use certmgr.msc.........as in my previous Post

The Digital Signature Certificate is in your Browser so you can put it on as many systems as you like.

Go to Windows 10 system -> open Browser -> Import the Certificate from your chosen Backup location.

I hold my Certificates on a central Network Location so any of my systems can see this area.

If You get stuck........... please Download/load Teamviewer , PM me your Phone number and I'll be in touch later...... taking the Stage coach into town for Supplies at the moment........ :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:40 am

Same results on laptop. When I went into certmgr my certificate was there under other people but also there under personal already. I cannot get it to go to the personal tab in Chrome though. Is there something I am missing when I go through the wizard, a setting or something?

We've lost our phone signal here so giving you my number isn't much good. PM me with further instructions please ..... thanks!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Thinking about it again, I may have to ask for someone to phone and book the appointment for me via the 060 phone number. The CAB info seems to say you can book by phone.

I think there is an added complication that I only have a POBox address which will not be accepted by trafico and so I cannot have the new licence sent to me. I remember now that doing my OH's application form, which is partly why we have done his at great expense through our gestoria so they will collect it for us. It may be that I will have to go through that route too. Don't know how other people without a postal address have managed.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:28 am

Thanks to Enrique's help I've found that our certificates are no longer valid as I have changed computers and didn't import the security key so I've had to re do them.

Using the links on the previous page it wouldn't work (doh!) but then following the error code in the website it seems that I had to get IE to accept the website in its security setting. So I've got the number now to take to the town hall as I did before. Phew ..... so far so good!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:48 am

Managed to get replacement digital certificates easily so that is good, but the DGT website seems to be down so there's not much more I can do now except keep trying to see if it gets fixed. From the news today Brexit still may not take place on 31st that will give me a bit more time. Not sure why I didn't change the licence before now ..... most unlike me!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:35 pm

DGT is working for me but the problem seems to be that if you are trying to make an appointment for exchanging a licence the UK does not appear in the list of countries in respect of which the exchange is to be made.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:06 pm

It's a new protocol that I have written about in another thread Beach:
https://sede-org.dgt.gob.es/sede-electr ... ndex.shtml

There is a special webpage set up purely for Brits to register to exchange. I must register by the 31st but the appointment can be after 11 November but it wasn't working up to this morning. There is a webchat so I may try that if I cannot get the form to go. I shall keep trying ...... at least I have my shiny new digital certificate now :thumbup:

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:29 pm

I could not go through the full process because I don't need an appointment but you also need to install the 'Autofirma' signing system onto your PC:

https://firmaelectronica.gob.es/Home/Descargas.html

It downloads as a .zip file then you have to extract it. I have used it once but I cannot even remember what it was for let alone how it works.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:47 am

I've done that Beach, it all loads fine, I complete the online form, send it, it confirms OK with the Autofirma program, then just gives the message

I've tried it on both Win10 and Win 7 computers (many times :? ). My gestoria says she cannot do it as it has to be done personally by the applicant which according to the form does seem to the the case as you there is no option to say you are representing anyone else.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes, I see the problem now. I have been trying a similar process with TGSS which uses yet another signing protocol called Prosa Firma. I got to the end and received a similar on screen message but a few minutes later I received an email telling me that the procedure had been successful together with a confirmation code.

Your gestor could do it but it would mean sending her your digital certificate together with the import password. It depends how much you trust her.

It may be that DGT has put a block on applications for appointments due to excessive workload but if that was the case you would have thought they would block it at the beginning not the end but, then again!!!

I know someone who is in the same situation as you and has asked me to help him. I will get together with him next week and try to make an appointment. I will let you know what happens.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Thanks Beach. I think the gestoria has suggested something similar, but surely if I cannot get the request to go through, it would be the same for her? I will just keep trying to see if it goes through.

I did wonder if it wasn't going through as I passed my test when I was 17, which isn't possible here, but I tried changing the date to my 18th birthday and it still didn't work. It does say that they will contact you if there's any anomaly so I think the form should just go as long as all the required fields are completed. (It is one of the few forms I've come across here that has an option for apartdo de correos as an address.)

I have been reading the gov.uk site and it seems to say that if the UK leaves with a deal then there will be a period of transition until the end of 2020 where things should carry on as normal until that date. With everything that's going on today (the Letwin amendment going through and the vote on the deal being delayed), I'm not sure where I am!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:59 pm

I passed my test two months after my 17th birthday and it wasn't a problem but I exchanged my licence in 1985 and things were a bit different then but Spain wasn't even a member of the EU. Ah, those were the days!

Yes, probably best to keep on trying yourself. The UK is already being treated differently to other EU countries on CNP and DGT sites and it hasn't even left yet.

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:24 am

I know for a fact Brits are being seen without appointment at DGT at the moment. Don't know if all offices are applying the same rules though.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:39 am

Problem for me is that I want an appointment next year as my OH is still awaiting his Spanish licence. We have holidays booked where we need to hire a car so on of us must have a valid licence. I don't want to start the process just yet but the current system does allow an appointment to be made after 1 November and up to 9 months later from what I can understand. No doubt it will all change again .....

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:51 pm

I completed the registration form in Spanish rather than the English option and it's gone through. Maybe a coincidence but it's worked. I did get a message when it was trying to complete the autofirm that I didn't fully understand. I opened Autofirma via the desktop icon and it went into a different mode asking me to confirm I wanted to sign a document ..... not quite sure what it all said in Spanish. Anyway .... so far so good.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:16 pm

Here is my experience today of obtaining a new digital certificate.
Went into https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/en/certifi ... ona-fisica, filled in the required details and printed off the email I received with the code.
Went to the office in Velez Malaga, waited less than 5 mins to be seen.
Showed them the printout and my original NIE cert, plus photocopy, Passport plus photocopy.
All they wanted to see was my original NIE cert.
Entered details on their PC.
No paperwork produced or signature needed.
Received an email a couple of mins latter with a URL and verification code.
Went shopping.
Got home and entered the URL plus my verification code, downloaded and installed the certificate.
Certificate worked OK.
All done in less than 2 hours.
Probably would have been quicker if I had not gone shopping.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

well I am having troubl registering my Cl@ve. I have tried every which way you can. The sent me the number through the post and try as I might I cannot register. I have tried to follow their instructions in the letter but I do not see "Tramaties Desacados" in order to enter the Cl@ve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi patricia,
Are you using this site.................... :?:

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/