Discount Cards- Supermarkets

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Discount Cards- Supermarkets

Postby olive » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:27 pm

Maybe better described as loyalty cards.

Are they any good in your experience? Do you get a barrage of emails or phone messages plugging items? Do they sell your details on?

Three that might be appropriate to us are Lidl, Consum and Carefour.

Consum deals seem straightforward enough and you sign up for a card.
We have the Lidl app.but don’t seem to benefit having swiped it at the till during checkout
We don’t shop at Carefour for groceries much . Generally as an after thought when we have been clothes or electricals shopping.I believe as well as discounts or coupons, they also offer OAPs discount on groceries. Anyone use this?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Discount Cards- Supermarkets

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 05, 2023 2:23 pm

Carrefour is ok. 1 email a month and a bit of money off

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:07 am

Lidl - We have the Lidl App, we get discounts off certain items, free stuff sometimes, they have signs around the store showing what things are on offer.

Carrefour, we have the card - you get a % of what you have spent back as a voucher that builds up until a certain time - depending on what you buy over time, you can get alot back from them. They have good offers - right now its second item at 70% off. (check prices tho... they can be cheeky) Their own beer for example, is 17c a can when the offer is on.

They have an "under 30s" card, the large family card and the over 65s card, that gets you a discount which saves the IVA on fresh products

If you have a carrefour credit card you get 1% back on all purchases using the card, in and out of the store plus a load of other things - im not writing it all out - its here, bottom of the page : https://www.carrefour.es/clubcarrefour/ ... four-pass/
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:53 pm

Carrefour started to sell a subscription called "carrefour+" a while ago. It costs 5.99 per month, but gives you a 15% discount on fresh produce, payed out as store credit for the total amount every two months. For those who shop at Carrefour frequently it's a "no-brainer" to sign up for this with the current terms, which include that they'll convert the 5.99 you paid to store credit if you save less than 5.99 per month.

If you keep up to date on their promotions, which change every two weeks usually, you can buy things at substantial discounts. I usually watch out for the "two for the price of one" things, and stock up for many months when it's something I use. E.g., I have about 30 boxes of Arla feta cheese in the refrigerator at the moment.

Biggest minus is that the bimonthly store credit, often including the "two for one" credit, has to all be used in one go. If it's a couple hundred euros, I often have to end up buying stuff I would otherwise not buy, at least at that time.

I looked at the lidl or aldi memberships, but didn't seem particularly useful to me, so I just go there for the bread and muesli.