Wise ID checks

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Wise ID checks

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:10 pm

Anyone else had an email from Wise asking for proof of ID and address? It's difficult to confirm my address as everything is either in my OH's name or we are paperless. I see it says it won't accept PO Boxes but that is our address as we are in the campo. I haven't done it yet as I'm still looking for something addressed to me.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Wise ID checks

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:23 pm

Try calling them and explain your situaton - there must be others with the same problem!
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:37 pm

I wanted to check that it is genuine, although it does come up as a notification when I sign into the app. The only other thing I can do is to change my address to my campo one as I think the car tax is still registered in that as I don't get a bill through the post and I could get a copy from the recaudacion office. I have found a more recent letter from HMRC which would have to do, or a payslip which is almost 3 months old (I only get one when my rate of pay changes, not every month).

We've had to jump through hoops to confirm our ID for other things recently and when you know how many false accounts there must be for all the scammers out there, I do find it a bit annoying.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:09 pm

I uploaded my passport photo which was straightforward, then it asked for a selfie. I did that and within a minute I had received an email to say that they'd confirmed the documents I sent. So it seems they didn't need proof of address in my case. The photos are checked automatically so it was quicker and easier than I thought (hopefully that it is for now).