Magical towns in Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Magical towns in Spain

Postby olive » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:01 pm

This might be a useful resource when planning a national trip or a holiday.

https://www.pueblosmagicos.es/mapa-de-l ... s-magicos/

We like to do small detours to pull in places of interest. Medellin, Trujillo and Castropol for example.

Have you any favourites?

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: Magical towns in Spain

Postby BENIDORM » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:34 am

Thank you for drawing our attention to this very useful information and map, great help for anyone planning a cultural visit.

Salar is also listed as a Magical Town, but of course I already knew that .. :D
Saludos,
Museo de Gordon...Salar

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:07 am

The town I've just left, Canillas de Aceituno is a pueblomagico!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:02 pm

?ia it that we dont know any magical towns ... or if we do, we prefer to keep quiet about them?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:08 pm

?ia

That’s new one for me. Where’s that Pueblo?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:06 pm

IreneD wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:07 am The town I've just left, Canillas de Aceituno is a pueblomagico!
Is that the town you live in Karen? Every time we travel up from the airport on route to our house i see signs for the village ( or small town) the same goes for signs for other places.Always said that one day we will verge off the beaten track and do a few stop overs.Who knows maybe this year...

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:13 am

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:33 am

Sorry Irene, for some reason when i replied to your message i got the name Karen in my head, senior moment! :lol: I assume that is the place where you live, it looks lovely.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 pm

We are heading down to Andalucia in August and as usual we will spend a day somewhere on the trip down. Our chosen destination this time is Caceres Estremadura. I 've heard it's well worth a visit.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:37 am

Good choice Mark. If you have time, a diversion off the Silver route dual carriageway at Plasencia to Montfrague park ( vultures) and into Trujillo is well worthwhile. You can still drive into the main square and park . Have a coffee and take in the magnificence.

The silver route is pretty good but Seville is a bottleneck.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:33 am

Caseres is lovely, very pretty, and well worth a visits. Trujillo as Olive mentioned, and we were very impressed by the Roman ruins in Merida too.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:08 am

I hope you don't think I'm a 'Karen' Pamela lol. Not that I'm entirely sure what a 'Karen' is but I know it's not a good thing to be these days. Which is unfortunate for women who are actually called Karen.... Yes, Canillas is lovely, we had a great 11 years living there but have now returned to the UK, to be near family in our old age. Missing it so much but living in a house with 3 floors and in a mountain village, was not ideal..... my OH has bad knees and no doubt the pair of us will develop other problems, we're both in our late 70s.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:39 am

I didn't know that you had returned to the Uk Irene, i could tell by your previous posts that you loved living in your village in Spain. I can imagine that you do miss it very much having been there for 11yrs. However you did it and it will always be part of your life.I can understand you returning home to be near family, many thousands do the same. I wish you all the best in your new home. :)

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:14 pm

Thank you for your good wishes, Pamela. We actually owned the house for 20 years, using it as a holiday home during those first years. Andalucia.com members were so incredibly helpful to me about so many things, when I joined in 2008, which is when we first were trying to decide whether to move to live full time in our house . Thanks to all and I am going to keep popping in here, we haven't even 100% decided we're going to stay in the UK, so we've kept our TIEs. I can't honestly see us returning to live but for now, Andalucia still feels like home, so we'll have to see if it releases its grip on us....... we might decide to rent at the coast, maybe in Torre del Mar.