Travel insurance

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
casita-bonita
Resident

Travel insurance

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:41 pm

Now that covid is well in the past, and countries have relaxed entry requirements it time we started travelling again. Just booked a trip to Thailand, Laos and Vietnam for next Feb.. Looking forward to visiting Asia again after a few years enforced break.

However travelling brings with it the issue of travel insurance.. We used to maintain a annual policy with staysure. Getting a quote yesterday the price has gone up considerably. Combination of inflation and us becoming pensioners I guess... Searching through the forum I found an old thread where various banks offerings were mentioned. So I thought I'd investigate.,

Cut a long story short I checked Revolut. If I upgrade my account to metal they provide what looks to be pretty comprehensive travel insurance. Worldwide cover, 90 trip limit, and rental car excess. The policyis provided by Alianz...

At £14 per month for the account upgrade it seems excellent value..

Anybody have any experience of their offering?
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Travel insurance

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:57 am

It definitely covers you as a non-UK resident? I've used Staysure for a cruise as it does cover me as a Spanish resident, but we have noticed that quite a lot of UK companies no longer do (we've had to double-check for landlords' insurance in England for instance, and our car excess company no longer covers us). Otherwise the price seems to be favourable for Revolut.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:09 am

Wicksey wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:57 am It definitely covers you as a non-UK resident? I've used Staysure for a cruise as it does cover me as a Spanish resident, but we have noticed that quite a lot of UK companies no longer do (we've had to double-check for landlords' insurance in England for instance, and our car excess company no longer covers us). Otherwise the price seems to be favourable for Revolut.
Yep, Resident of UK or EEA country.... Quote from Staysure for me and the boss was around £450. So if the cover is good, and it appears to be £14 per month makes it a no brainier..

We swapped our rental car excess cover as the company we used for years, insurance4carhire stoped covering expats.
Regards

Bob

KKKaty
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby KKKaty » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:27 pm

Depends on small print and if you have any issues. Norwich Union used to offer one but could finish up more expensive if declaring anything.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:39 pm

I use a Finnish company called "If" it costs me 10 eoros per month and the coverage is massive, including up to 100,000 repatriation by air if necessary, the only problem is that they only insure Finnish nationals !

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:44 pm

Abbeygate do a yearly travel insurance and you can chose in which parts of the world you want to be covered.