malaga airport delays.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

malaga airport delays.

Postby gerryh » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:42 am

My son and grandson are catching a 6:30 AM flight to Liverpool this Friday morning.
They only have hand luggage.
What time do they need to be at the airport?
Are there still long delays?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: malaga airport delays.

Postby costakid » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:03 am

I would say be in the Q for security at 5 am. No rhyme or reason but shouldn’t be busy at that time. The madness is over. I went through on the 12th of Sept at 10am and security was busy but passport control was very quiet. I had cleared both in 30 minutes.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:28 am

We flew on 13 September and although the airport was quite busy they were quick at processing passengers at the security area and there were no long waiting times. You now need to blip your boarding pass at gates as you enter security which was new to me. Some people struggled with it, especially those using their pass on their phones. (Can't comment on the passport control as we didn't go through it.)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:23 pm

Drives me mad people faffing at check in and boarding gates trying to find their boarding pass on their phones.It just makes the queues go slower..
I always print mine off as a back up anyway just incase my phone got lost/stolen or damaged...I wouldn't be surprised if some people even forget to charge them and can't get on because of a flat battery.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:03 pm

costakid wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:03 am I would say be in the Q for security at 5 am. No rhyme or reason but shouldn’t be busy at that time. The madness is over. I went through on the 12th of Sept at 10am and security was busy but passport control was very quiet. I had cleared both in 30 minutes.
Cheers
Gerry

Update.
My son and grandson entered security and exited passport control in about 35 minutes.
I could have had an extra hour in bed before driving them to the airport.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris