Michael Portillo Andalucia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Michael Portillo Andalucia

Postby olive » Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:15 am

Heads up on a five part series featuring Andalucia. Channel 5 Monday nights. 10 pm ( but do check) also on catchup. First episode was very good and featured Granada plus a place we go to in Santa Fe.

I am still ploughing through the 20 episodes of James Martins Spain and enjoying them.

Didn’t get any response from the JM post in food and drink despite 1400 views! Perhaps no one enjoys watching English language programmes featuring our home province/ country?

Notwithstanding, Portillo is a consummate travel presenter and he lives outside Seville for part of each year. Worth a watch.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Michael Portillo Andalucia

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:23 am

I think there's six in the series and we watched the first. I have like his programmes ever since he did his very first one based on his family history. I wish they didn't make him have a go at doing stuff (especially dancing) but otherwise all his train journey programmes have been very interesting too.

It looks like they come to Nerja from some of the opening shots, as I recognised the coastline from the Balcon. Even possibly a picture of his father standing there back in the 1960s, but it was gone in a flash. I shall have to look on catch-up and see if I can pause it for a closer look!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Michael Portillo Andalucia

Postby Lavanda » Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:04 pm

The first programme had a very positive write-up in the Daily Telegraph.