Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
JohnnyMac
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby JohnnyMac » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:47 pm

Thanks Enrique, I appreciate the advice.
But I'm a worrier... :( If I decided to make up the shortfall - I'm not sure what the ten year rule means - should I have been using 2% rather than 1% in the tax calculation since 2009? I suspect some of my neighbours may be in the same boat...
Thanks for your help.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:49 pm

Hi JohnntMac,
Just do your Form 210 using the 2% and chill............ If "they" want the past shortfall they will contact you. You can't do it any other way.

This scenario has been covered before on this Forum, and the same as above was the way forward.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

JohnnyMac
Tourist

Postby JohnnyMac » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:21 am

Ok, thanks.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:40 am

Hi JonnyMac,

" I'm not sure what the ten year rule means " ................. if the Revision was within 10 Years then its 1.1%

Taking your 2009 Revision then from 2019 you should use the 2%,........ Join the club , loads of Members maybe took a few years to twig and no one has reported having to pay catchup yet ........... me included.

JohnnyMac
Tourist

Postby JohnnyMac » Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:50 pm

Hello Enrique

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Glad to know that my underpayment has only been only for four years rather than the fourteen that I'd thought... :thumbup:

jamesinriofrio

Postby jamesinriofrio » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:23 pm

Hello, would be grateful for a second opinion. I normally complete the non residents tax form myself but this year I have asked a gestor to help for a few reasons. I come under Loja, Granada where there was a valuation revision in 2013. Given the "10 year rule" my understanding is that the 1.1% multiplier would apply for 1 last time, given the current return relates to the IBI 2022 period? Grateful for any clarifications or thoughts please. The Gestor has applied 2%, which I'm querying. Thanks for reading this.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:23 pm

Hi jamesinriofrio,

You should have held your nerve....... and done the Form 210 ' like what you normally do'........

So go for 1.1% as it fits the 10 year Rule..........for 2022

jamesinriofrio

Postby jamesinriofrio » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:34 pm

Enrique wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:23 pm Hi jamesinriofrio,

You should have held your nerve....... and done the Form 210 ' like what you normally do'........

So go for 1.1% as it fits the 10 year Rule..........for 2022
Indeed de acuerdo ,:)

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:55 pm

I wonder whether anyone could help me

Over the last 15 years I have prepared my own Model 210 application form, which the Agencia Tributaria have then validated. I have then forwarded the validated forms containing the receipt/reference number by email to my Sabadell Bank in Spain with instructions to pay the tax. Up to now there has been no problem

However, this time round they have told me that I have to go into their branch office to authorise payment. This I cannot do because I am based in the UK

I am attempting to make a National Transfer payment to the Tax Office using my Solbank internet account but have run into some difficulties in completing the payment application.

Am I right in thinking that the Beneficiary's name is Agencia Tributaria AEAT

Also it is asking me for the Beneficiary's iban and address including town. I have no idea what this is. Can Anyone help ?

There is also a box asking me for the reason for the transfer. Am I right in assuming that I should just state payment of Impuesto sobre la renta de no residentes INRI

I am hoping that on the second page, which I cannot access until all the fields on the first page are completed, there is a box in which I can use to input the receipt/reference number of my validated 210 form. I assume that the reference number will enable the tax office to cross reference the payment to my validated tax form

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:08 pm

Hi rt21,
Does Solbank internet account have an option to " Pay Taxes" and then a list of Modelo/Forms ie Form 210

If so then get a NRC number and then fill in Form 210 using Digital Signature , then after validating there is an option to include the NRC number , which ties up with your Form 210.

Paying Taxes
https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satelli ... 203037/en/

You may be able to find the IBAN from this site.............

https://www.iban.com/calculate-iban

Having reread your Post............ guess you don't have a Digital Signature........... :(

I had problems recently with this year's return ( on line failed) and had to take completed Form 210 into my usual Bank then spent a hour as no one in the Bank including the Manager had any Idea on how to process it............... :roll:

rt21
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rt21 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:05 am

Hi Enrique

Thank you so much for the advice

Although I do not have a digital signature I logged on to the Sabadell site and under the heading "Other Services" I found the page for paying taxes and was able to process the payment without difficulty. I also received an NRC reference which acts as a receipt of payment for the tax.

If nothing else the experience has shown me a better way of processing the payment in future.

Thanks once again

Richard

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:43 am

Hi rt21,

Thanks for the your update, maybe help other Members who pay remotely .

Caja Rural are in the process of updating their Web site, looks nice in the "new green livery" , they seem to have forgotton many of the useful Options like Paying Taxes ............... :roll:

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:32 am

rt21 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:05 am Hi Enrique

Thank you so much for the advice

Although I do not have a digital signature I logged on to the Sabadell site and under the heading "Other Services" I found the page for paying taxes and was able to process the payment without difficulty. I also received an NRC reference which acts as a receipt of payment for the tax.

If nothing else the experience has shown me a better way of processing the payment in future.

Thanks once again

Richard
Hi Richard,

When you paid your taxes on the Sabadell site, did you somehow enter the Model 210 receipt/reference number? Or did you use that NRC to update your model 210? Because I believe you have to somehow connect the payment to your tax form.

When I have done it online via my bank's website, I would first do the payment and get the NRC, and then I would enter that NRC on the model 210 form before submitting it.

- Eric S.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:34 pm

Hi,
Had hoped that Member rt21 would give more details where the Form 210 ID is tied up with the "Pay Taxes" option on the Bank Web site.

Currently Filing Form 210
without a Digital Signature has two Options
1) To Deposit ..................# need to take to a participating Bank and Pay in Caash
2) To be paid by foreign bank transfer using IBAN number

with Digital Signature
Complete Payment (obtain NRC)

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Jan 11, 2024 2:40 pm

Spurred on by rt2l and Enrique's responses, I looked on my bank's website (Targo Bank) to see if there is an option to pay the 210 taxes online and there is. Normally I complete the 210 forms for my wife and I, save pdf copies, print out the pages and take them to the bank on our first visit to Spain each year and cause a queue to form behind me whilst the teller patiently processes the forms and payments.
I don't have a digital signature.

Completing the payment online was very simple (5 screens) and took about 4 minutes each, and at the end I received the NRC number and a pdf bank receipt for the payment(s), which looks almost identical to the receipt that the bank teller has produced each year.

There is a comment on the final screen which puzzles me though, it reads "The AEAT payment has been made with NRC Complete Reference Number2104215972320BM7XXX75E, you can submit the declaration to the agency directly on the website" and there is a link to the AEAT website www.agenciatributaria.gob.es

(I have taken a screenshot (.png), which I was hoping to insert here to show the message that I received, but can't get it to work (But then I found the "postimages" thread in the "Computers, Internet, Telephony, TV & Electronics" board..... ) You may need to click on the "zoom" button on postimages site to read the text in the screenshot.

I thought that by following the link, it would perhaps take me to part of the AEAT site where I would be instructed to enter the NRC, but no, it's just to their homepage.

Does anyone know if I need to do anything else to be sure that I have paid the taxes correctly,? Do I need to send any of the printed pages anywhere?

It all seemed so easy, that I'm just wondering if it was too easy? When I log in to my bank, it shows two debits on my account paying ta for both my wife and I; I'm hoping that somehow the bank and AEAT marry things up.
Last edited by zanuck on Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:19 pm

Hi Zanuck,

I had hoped that rt21 woud have Posted how they managed to bind the NRC Number with the completed Form210.

With a Digital Signature ( you must get one when next over ) the Form 210 has a Payment option to insert the NRC Number.

Without a Digital Signature there is an option to Pay from A Foreign Bank using IBAN number.

With a Digital Signature you can track your Payments at AEAT

In Jaén one can also Pay local Taxes ...........other Provinces will have something similar :?:

Good to see you're still around......... :)

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:33 pm

Hi Enrique
Thanks for a fast reply, yep, still around! We'll wave at the Alcala La Real road sign as we always do as we drive south in February :wave:

I don't mind going into the bank in Torre del Mar, it's about the only time we visit the branch - the annual payment of tax, just thought I'd try paying online; at the moment it looks like I still have the option in mobile banking to cancel the payments to AEAT, if needs be.

As you say it would have been nice if rt2l had responded further - I'll try a PM to him.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:22 pm

Hi Zanuck,
Unfortunately your .png image is unreadable.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:15 pm

Enrique wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:22 pm Hi Zanuck,
Unfortunately your .png image is unreadable.
Hi Enrique
When I click on it, and the postimages site opens, and then click the "Zoom" button, it opens right across the screen......

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:25 pm

Hi Zanuck,
Good to go now thanks............ :D

rt21 popped on then off ............... no comment :(