Getting an Embassy Appointment for a Visa

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Getting an Embassy Appointment for a Visa

Postby Dunflittin68 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:54 pm

Well I had no reply to my other enquiry, let's hoope I do better with this one.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait for an appointment at the BLS in Manchester (the new consulate office dealing with Visas)? I went on there but it only asks you when YOU want an appointment but it does not tell you if it is not possible which dates are available. I also wrote an email to them but again all it told us to do was to request an appointment??? I do need some warning as I have someone taking me and he works and needs some notice to book the day off.

Anyone applied for one recently ?

TIA😁

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Getting an Embassy Appointment for a Visa

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:18 pm

I think the vast majority of members applied for residency in Spain rather than via an embassy. There maybe someone but I doubt it.

Sid

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:09 pm

Thanks anyway Sid for coming back to me. :D

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:05 pm

Dunflittin68 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:54 pm Well I had no reply to my other enquiry, let's hoope I do better with this one.

Does anyone know how long you have to wait for an appointment at the BLS in Manchester (the new consulate office dealing with Visas)? I went on there but it only asks you when YOU want an appointment but it does not tell you if it is not possible which dates are available. I also wrote an email to them but again all it told us to do was to request an appointment??? I do need some warning as I have someone taking me and he works and needs some notice to book the day off.

Anyone applied for one recently ?

TIA😁
Forget the enlarged emojis, they won't work here !

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:09 pm

The huge emojis are a program bug. Ignore them

Sid

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:16 pm

That huge emoji was purely a mistake. Sorry.

KJP Granada

Postby KJP Granada » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:40 am

I applied through the Manchester consulate at the end of last year, and found them both helpful and fast. You just pick one of the available dates for interview on the on-line system, rock up with all your paperwork - in order! - and have, what for me and my partner, was a brief interview. It’s not actually an interview - they just go through the paperwork, rejecting any that are incorrect/incomplete. Assuming your set of papers is fine, as mine was, they then ship the whole lot to Madrid and you wait for an email. In our case, this took just over four weeks - though the website says it can take up to three months. I understand the autumn/winter period is quicker, as Madrid has fewer applications to go through. One crucial point - they will NOT retain your passport during the application process. I was told - by my Spanish lawyer! - that they would, which was a problem as I needed to be in Spain in the intervening period, but they didn’t. You then get the email confirming your second appointment, rock up with your passports and, in our case, return four hours later to collect them, with the visas pasted in. Bob’s your uncle. Let me know if you need anything else. All the best with the application.