Sound very quiet GI mini/Intelsat

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Sound very quiet GI mini/Intelsat

Postby Wicksey » Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:08 pm

Tonight we are having to turn the sound up much higher than normal when watching Intelsat on the GI box. On iPlayer etc it is working normally. It was OK last night. On very odd occasions the sound goes weird on the intelsat channels, like it has slowed down by 50%. On CH4 it used to lose the soundtrack for films but this doesn't happen much now. I wonder if it's a glitch from the GI box. I've tried the usual switching off and back on again. Maybe tomorrow it will be back to normal :think:

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Sound very quiet GI mini/Intelsat

Postby El Cid » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:36 pm

No problems here.

Sid

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:00 am

I'll see what's happening later today. It was only using the intelsat that the sound was quieter than usual, so I think the TV is otherwise OK.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:41 pm

I adjusted some of the sound setting on the TV and it seems to be back to normal now.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:48 pm

You have a volume control on both the TV and the sat box. They work independently, so, if you have accidentally reduced either of them they will reduce the volume. Its always happening to me!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:30 am

It seemed to be something in the sound setting of the TV itself Sid. I did check all the various handsets we use as we have the Sky, Firestick and TV ones but I couldn't see any volume on the GI one apart from mute. I know what you mean about one affecting the others sometimes. All back to normal last night.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: GI mini/Intelsat box problem

Postby Wicksey » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:08 pm

Now we have a fault where the GI remote control keeps stopping working. It will start off OK and then just not work at all. It's not the batteries. We have to turn the box off and back on again and then it will start working, so seems to be the box rather than the remote? I can't find any buttons on the box itself where I can change channel.