App for Teeveeing

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

App for Teeveeing

Postby Canela » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:21 am

Hi, Could someone please tell me where I can finda Samsung technician who could put the TeeVeeing app on my tv. I am in Marbella and technically useless.
Thanks

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: App for Teeveeing

Postby satandpcguy » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:47 pm

Will be difficult to do as Samsung Tv's use the Tizen operating system (and so you are limited to the apps in Samsungs apps store only) rather than Android system that the Teeveeing app uses.

Only way would be via "mirroring" or Chromecasting
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:26 pm

Looking on TeeVeeing website the only way it can be installed on a TV is if the the operating system is Android, which probably means it could be used on one that has Fire TV OS as well. Most of the channels it offers are already available on a Samsung TV without the need for additional software but would require a VPN or SmartDNS to work, costing as little as 3 Euros.

If you still want to go down the TeeVeeing route, apart from the mirroring option already mentioned, you could buy an android box or a Fire TV stick and load the App onto those.

Canela
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Canela » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:23 pm

Thanks very much for replies. I would be happy to buy an Amazon Firestick and a VPN if I can find someone I can employ to come to Marbella to instal them for me.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Canela wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:23 pm Thanks very much for replies. I would be happy to buy an Amazon Firestick and a VPN if I can find someone I can employ to come to Marbella to instal them for me.
You don't need a vpn for teeveeing. I subscribe and run it on a firestick 4k Max.. Works a treat. Particularly like the included 7 day channel catchup. Saves having to record programs to watch later.
Regards

Bob

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:32 pm

Hi Canela,
"happy to buy an Amazon Firestick and a VPN"

Plenty of Members on The Forum who would help on all aspects of this Project...........

From where to buy a Firestick and which DNS/VPN is best suited ........ should be no need to employ anyone.

There is a good start from......... casita-bonita ............thanks
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:37 pm

Enrique wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:32 pm Hi Canela,

Plenty of Members on The Forum who would help on all aspects of this Project...........

From where to buy a Firestick and which DNS/VPN is best suited ........ should be no need to employ anyone.

Hi Enrique

No vpn/DNS needed for Teeveeing.. Easiest to by firestick from Amazon then it will automatically be added to your account's device list.

Can't be sure, been a while, but i think i had to sideload the app onto the firestick. Thete will no doubt be instructions on the teeveeing website.

BTW You could subscribe to teeveeing and watch it with the web browser on your Samsung TV.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:41 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:37 pm
Enrique wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:32 pm Hi Canela,

Hi Enrique

No vpn/DNS needed for Teeveeing.. Easiest to by firestick from Amazon then it will automatically be added to your account's device list.

Can't be sure, been a while, but i think i had to sideload the app onto the firestick. Thete will no doubt be instructions on the teeveeing website.

BTW Canela. You could subscribe to teeveeing and watch it with the web browser on your Samsung TV.
Regards

Bob

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:56 pm

HI,

Plenty of Installation info on the Web......... from Youtube videos to printed instructions...........Example

https://teeveeing.com/download/amazon-fire-tv-app/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:33 pm

Looking at the list of channels you would be better off just using the free UK catchup apps which are all available on the Samsung TVs with a tweak to the setup process.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:23 pm

El Cid wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:33 pm Looking at the list of channels you would be better off just using the free UK catchup apps which are all available on the Samsung TVs with a tweak to the setup process.

Sid
Personally id rather use 1 app with an epg, than half a dozen with no epg., there are a few additional channels like Sky Arts which has some great music on... More tjan happy to pay tje 70odd euros per year for the convenience.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:00 am

casita-bonita wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:23 pm Personally id rather use 1 app with an epg, than half a dozen with no epg., there are a few additional channels like Sky Arts which has some great music on... More tjan happy to pay tje 70odd euros per year for the convenience.
Do you have to pay for the teeveeing app?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:29 am

Yes, 9.99/mth. Uninspiring channel list, no obvious illegal feeds (no Sky)

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm

El Cid wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:29 am Yes, 9.99/mth. Uninspiring channel list, no obvious illegal feeds (no Sky)

Sid
89e for a year. According to them fully legal.
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:15 pm

I don't think it's even legal to show other's digital rights in the UK to charge for profit or even for free let alone other countries where they don't have the rights. This is more so since the UK left the EU. Sky stopped roaming the day the UK left the EU. Other similar sites have been taken down.

I am with Sid, This is expensive and just adapting to using Apps gives so many more benefits. An EPG is only needed if you don't use apps and means you have to be on top of everything in order not to miss stuff. The apps have more or less everything broadcasted and quite often it's possible to watch a whole series way before it's shown on normal TV so no need to record anything. There is also the possibility to watch all the content that channels have shown for years before.

As someone who starts work late afternoon and continues into the late evening, having the convenience to tune in and go back to the beginning of a programme that has already started or return quickly to something I had started watching earlier in the day is great.

This is not a criticism but an alternative opinion,

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:40 pm

Our LG TV has all the UK TV apps so we watch for free, and do use catch-up a lot. I don't pay for anything other than 19.99$ a year for the DNS. If you have a Smart TV and set the address to the UK, then the UKTV apps will load automatically we found, and once you have the DNS, then you just watch what you want. I only bought the Firestick as the CH5 app stopped working properly on the TV, and the Firestick does tend to load quicker than the TV apps these days as the TV is getting older.

As the LNB on the old Sky dish failed, we do miss its EPG, but tend to just look at it on the laptop now. I've not found one that I can use on the TV or Firestick as yet.

I would recommend just setting up the TV (or buying a Firestick) then using a DNS in the router for UKTV. I'm only self taught with all this stuff, with all the help that I get from fellow ACommers on here!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:57 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm According to them fully legal.
It’s not legal. It is illegal to rebroadcast or stream material without the express permission of the original broadcaster.

As Mark said

“I don't think it's even legal to show other's digital rights in the UK to charge for profit or even for free let alone other countries where they don't have the rights. This is more so since the UK left the EU. Sky stopped roaming the day the UK left the EU. Other similar sites have been taken down.

At least Teeveely is not streaming any pay channels like Sky or BT so they are slightly less likely to be caught. There are many companies in Spain who will happily sell you a Sky receiver or streaming puck and claim it is legal. They are all lying but the potential profit is so high, it’s worth the risk.

Many of us use these services, some unaware of their illegality, but many of us are aware of the situation. It comes down to your personal views as to whether you use them. Whatever your choice, just don’t try and convince anyone that they are legal!

Sid

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:21 pm

This year "Freely" will launch, and bring together all the main Uk tv apps and online channels from BBC ITV C4 Five and a few others into just one app / service. With a guide for live tv options.
So all under one roof...but with the individual apps still being available also - and probaly with ITVX still being as psspoor as it is today.
Obvs you will still need a VPN / Smart DNns service, and a compatible TV for it.
Just have to wait until it launches.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:50 pm

I looked at Freely when it was announced. It does look interesting and saves the chore of hopping around the various individual streams. To some extent, Apple TV boxes do this by consolidating the various apps in a program search. Freely does look like the optimum way of doing it. Presumably, as it requires a DNS/VPN it isn't strictly legal to use it in Spain, but I will certainly be interested.

On the legal question, one option that hasn't cropped up is SkyShowtime. It has a pretty good catalogue (oldies and films) and is available legally in Spain. Strangely, it would actually be illegal to watch it in the UK as it is not available there. It isn't free, but I picked up a lifetime half price deal when it was announced for €2.99/mth. I think it's now twice that. Worth a look.

The problem with all these subscription options is that they can really mount up. The cheapest option is to hop around them, cancelling one and trying another for a month. I got a 3 month free sub with a new Samsung TV for Apple TV+. I have watched Oppenheimer and Killers of the Flower Moon in brilliant 4k. Tonight they start the new war series about the US bombers- a sequel to Band of Brothers and Pacific - the budget was over $250 million.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:33 am

I got 3 months free with a new phone and although content is limited, it’s worth dipping in and out as and when.
There is some good stuff but my recommendation is Slow Horses.