App for Teeveeing

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: App for Teeveeing

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:49 am

El Cid wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:57 pm
casita-bonita wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:32 pm According to them fully legal.
It’s not legal. It is illegal to rebroadcast or stream material without the express permission of the original broadcaster.

As Mark said

Many of us use these services, some unaware of their illegality, but many of us are aware of the situation. It comes down to your personal views as to whether you use them. Whatever your choice, just don’t try and convince anyone that they are legal!

Sid

Not trying to convince anybody of it's legality. From their website:-

Legality:
Rest assured, Teeveeing service is legal, operating much like traditional satellite TV, but with a technological twist. To this end, Teeveeing lets you virtually receive satellite signals from free-to-air broadcasts on devices like PCs, laptops, TV boxes, tablets, smartphones, or TVs. Learn more about how Teeveeing works.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:53 am

So what's the difference between Freely and what is currently available in the Freeview app? Superficially appears pretty similar in that it's epg frontends iplayer etc to provide streams.
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:05 pm

Yes, but they are charging for a service that don’t own. Based on other services including Filmon being forced to shut down the British TV services i would suspect this is not legal even if they say it is.

Reading up on it, It looks like freely want to include IP TV as a main source of TV viewing so it will be focused on making it easier to navigate between channels, which as you say is quite clumsy now. I have read that companies like Sky and BT are also interested in being included at some time in the future.
While I get that many older people want to view in the traditional way, young people’s viewing habits are completely different so it might be the case that some years in the future, there won’t be any requirement for live channels and in my opinion the model that Dazn uses will be the norm.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:35 pm

casita-bonita wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:53 am So what's the difference between Freely and what is currently available in the Freeview app? Superficially appears pretty similar in that it's epg frontends iplayer etc to provide streams.
When I looked at the Freeview app it said you can only download it on a tablet or phone, not on the Firestick or Smart TV. If Freely is available of the Firestick it sounds an option. We use the Intelsat 907 for live TV but are using the apps on TV/Firestick more and more to watch things on catchup, as there are some nights when there is just nothing on live UK TV. Apart from the DNS, we do not pay anything to watch TV. We've stayed at Airbnbs with Netflix etc and have found little to watch apart from a few films. Wer'e not interested in series like The Crown or Game of Thrones.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:06 pm

Wicksey. Correct it doesnt work on my firestick. I tried sideloading it. It installs ok and runs, but you cant navigate around the interface. Real shame as I would use it. Works fine on my tablet, for both live and catchup viewing.
Regards

Bob