Lock screen picture disappeared

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Lock screen picture disappeared

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:10 pm

My new laptop was working fine until a bit earlier when my lock screen photo has disappeared. I have the one generated by Windows, Windows Spotlight I believe it's called. I've checked in Personalise and that is still shown as being my choice in the menu (as opposed to a background or photo I've chosen) and 'show the lockscreen background picture' is on. I haven't touched anything do with the lock screen and my photo on the desktop is still there OK. I now just have the blue patterned screen on the lockscreen. I've tried various things I've found on Googling it and restarted several times, but it remains. The only thing I did earlier is to download and install a Realtek Bluetooth driver update that was prompted by my HP support assistant program. It's not the end of the world not to have the picture, but I'm wondering what's happened, and hope I don't have some sort of fault :crazy:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lock screen picture disappeared

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:45 pm

Hi Wicksey,

I'm presuming Windows 11 ........... ?

Plenty of info on Web............. about this issue as you found out.......... maybe have a read of this Thread........... :idea:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... da5?page=2

Some great pictures on Spotlight........... I save the Landscape ones and manually pop them on my screens.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:01 pm

Not sure which one worked, possibly changing the app on the lock screen status to 'none' from calender. The photo is back so I've put it back to calender now.
Thanks Enrique.

On the subject of Realtek again, I've checked the updates awaiting installation in the settings and there are loads of Realtek ones. I don't remember seeing them before for updating. Should I update these or just ignore them? Usually I just did the Windows cumulative ones.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:10 pm

Hi Wicksey,
It's normal to install the Driver updates , they are usually Security and Bug fixes.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.