F1 2024

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

F1 2024

Postby Lavanda » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 pm

What? No posts about the new F1 season yet?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: F1 2024

Postby El Cid » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:43 pm

Because its the same crap show again. Fans are leaving in droves as It is now 100% predictable. Verstappen is going to win again and again.

I have been an avid F1 fan for many years. I gave up watching it early last season. I watched Saturday's race hoping to see same motor racing and it will be the last time for me.

It's about as exciting as a chess match!

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:00 pm

I’ve watched almost every F1 race since Mansell Prost Senna days. I stopped watching mid season 2023 as it was like watching paint dry. I didn’t watch any this weekend because you almost know the top 4 finish before it starts. They will kill the sport if Red Bull dominate the next two seasons as predicted.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:43 pm

Red Bull’s engineer is British and a genius. It’s a shame the other teams are too lazy to compete.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:20 pm

Jaja. Too lazy to compete?

Agree with the comments about Verstappen. He and the car are streets ahead of the rest of the field..

All we can hope for is team mate battles and damp races to level the field and let talent shine through

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:36 am

Al the gossip around Red Bull at the moment is making people sit up and notice F1 — for all the wrong reasons, of course. I used to watch F1 avidly and still remember Hockenheim when Michael Schumacher crashed on the first bend of the first lap and his team-mate, Ruben Barrichello drove through from the very back of the field and won! It was magnificent driving and team work and everyone went wild. I know as I was there with a front row seat opposite the pits and ear defenders firmly clamped to my head.

As a complete aside, I think men need safe, protected spaces in which to work. Introduce a woman into a predominately male environment for equality and diversity tick box reasons and you immediately make men vulnerable in the work space. Not fair. Only my opinion, of course, but men need to be protected, as well.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:07 am

Lavanda wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:36 am Al the gossip around Red Bull at the moment is making people sit up and notice F1 — for all the wrong reasons, of course. I used to watch F1 avidly and still remember Hockenheim when Michael Schumacher crashed on the first bend of the first lap and his team-mate, Ruben Barrichello drove through from the very back of the field and won! It was magnificent driving and team work and everyone went wild. I know as I was there with a front row seat opposite the pits and ear defenders firmly clamped to my head.

As a complete aside, I think men need safe, protected spaces in which to work. Introduce a woman into a predominately male environment for equality and diversity tick box reasons and you immediately make men vulnerable in the work space. Not fair. Only my opinion, of course, but men need to be protected, as well.
Well if you read the text messages you will see that she was also flirting but CH was the main instigator. Someone in his position should be clever enough to know this would all come out and he has left a massive paper trail. He will be getting fired for sure and probably divorced.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:57 am

I'm not sure the messages are strong enough for him to get divorced. Victoria Beckham survived the Rebecca Loos scandal and that was, allegedly, a full-blown affair. Gerri Horner has been humiliated but the possibility of that happening is what you take on when you marry a handsome, fit successful man and she did chase him when he was in a relationship with someone else and with a small child in tow.

Whether Christian Horner gets fired, or not, will depend on who goes with him ... Can Red Bull win with Verstappen and no Adrian Newey or Christian Horner? At the end of the day, it's all about success and money. It's certainly put F1 in the news and maybe Red Bull doesn't mind the publicity as long as they keep winning. Not sure about the sponsors ...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:42 am

The biggest threat to Redbull is Ford dropping out of their coy to provide the engines for the future seasons.

Also if Marko goes, so will Verstappen. We could see Verstappen replace Lewis when he goes to Ferrari.

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:08 am

Yes. That's quite possible but I think Max Verstappen knows enough to know that it's the car that is the most important element and unless another team ups their game, who will beat Red Bull — even if Max is driving for them? Apparently, Red Bull has held 'peace talks' in the team and Jos Verstappen will be away from the pits for the next few races and that will certainly calm things down. The person I feel sorry for in all this is Max Verstappen. Imagine having a father like Jos — but it happens in sport. A lot.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:41 am

El Cid wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:42 am The biggest threat to Redbull is Ford dropping out of their coy to provide the engines for the future seasons.

Also if Marko goes, so will Verstappen. We could see Verstappen replace Lewis when he goes to Ferrari.

Sid
Ford have already expressed their dissapointment of how this is going. They could very easily have the final say. Newey to Ferrari and Lewis gets his eighth.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:37 pm

It might then be worth the industry giving Newey say a billion to accept a job offer from Ferrari. That might bring back the true fans to supplement the veritable new army seduced by cheerleader USA razz ma tazz.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:01 pm

El Cid wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:43 pm Because its the same crap show again. Fans are leaving in droves as It is now 100% predictable. Verstappen is going to win again and again.

I have been an avid F1 fan for many years. I gave up watching it early last season. I watched Saturday's race hoping to see same motor racing and it will be the last time for me.

Sid
I totally agree with your position Sid, I feel the same way but people react to me as though I'm an alien when I suggest (and I do believe it) that Red Bull have a bent car, no team or driver can win that many races in a row especially against the likes of Hamilton and Alonso without having very superior technical assistance, I am very strong in my belief that Verstappen is just not that good and that it's the car not the driver that's winning!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:31 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:01 pm
El Cid wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:43 pm Because its the same crap show again. Fans are leaving in droves as It is now 100% predictable. Verstappen is going to win again and again.

Sid
I totally agree with your position Sid, I feel the same way but people react to me as though I'm an alien when I suggest (and I do believe it) that Red Bull have a bent car, no team or driver can win that many races in a row especially against the likes of Hamilton and Alonso without having very superior technical assistance, I am very strong in my belief that Verstappen is just not that good and that it's the car not the driver that's winning!
I have said for the last two seasons that RB are cheating. I turned it off today after 15 laps. So boring knowing the result before a wheel is turned.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:52 am

I thought it was exciting but my focus was on how the young new English lad was driving for Ferrari. Started at 11th and drove through to finish seventh and in the points. Of course it’s boring if you only watch the winner but motor racing is more than that - surely?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:27 am

If you watch a horse race or athletics, do you get excited about who is in 7th place?

Sid

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am

Depends on who they are. If it is someone new, British and of interest in a sport otherwise dominated by the same old people then, yes, actually.

Supersue
Tourist

Postby Supersue » Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:11 pm

I don't watch any sport but my hubby says well said Lavanda. He loves f1and says the cameras catch the exciting overtake attempts etc. further down the field if the front becomes a procession. He says new engines and regulations could alter the whole ballpark. MY terrestrial tv on a rainy Sunday is a choice of a rerun of Ant n Dec from Saturday, fifth rerun of Escape to the country 2020 or ITVs film on it's third showing. Thank the Lord for Netflix and Prime.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:44 pm

Lavanda wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am Depends on who they are. If it is someone new, British and of interest in a sport otherwise dominated by the same old people then, yes, actually.
Yes but he will race in F1 for one race. What about the other boring 23.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:53 pm

viewing figures will be very low mid season which is a massive problem for the sponsors