car hire

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: car hire

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:09 pm

Was that DelPaso? What a bunch of cowboys. How can they legally refuse to accept your card with your initial on rather than your full name. I have a combination of both forms of name on my cards and I would never expect to have the them refused. Bad luck!

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:22 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:09 pm Was that DelPaso? What a bunch of cowboys. How can they legally refuse to accept your card with your initial on rather than your full name. I have a combination of both forms of name on my cards and I would never expect to have the them refused. Bad luck!
Del Paso yes.. i have had the card for 20 years and used in several countries... on the front page of the booking it states credit card must be in the name of the customer.... in their terms and conditions a few pages later it says in the full name so my full name on passport and initial on the card.
Luckily i had asked here in advance so i had checked out the public transport options if things went wrong as they did...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:35 pm

Oh what a pain for you though. I had a friend who booked with Goldcar not realising that they didn't accept American Express cards. They wouldn't change the booking to his wife's name (only by setting up a new rental which of course would have cost a fortune on the day) so he had to walk away from that. It's not what you need when arriving here.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:25 pm

No not laughing Cadiz, i just think they are a bunch of crooks!