Bus fares for children and babies

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Bus fares for children and babies

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Well im baffled.The bus driver on Alsa charged my daughter for her 4 mnth old baby.He said they pay as soon as they are born.Later i bought tickets at the bus station ticket machine and sure enough they charged for babies and children under 3 regardles if they took a seat or not.Yet on the Alsa website the info is that children under 3 are free.Hubby was talking to someone in a shop and the person he was talking to said under 3's are free on buses..So what exactly are the rules..Or is this Spain all over again, different info no matter where you go or where you are.Under 5's are free in the UK and the info is the same no matter where you are located.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bus fares for children and babies

Postby costakid » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:23 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:46 pm Well im baffled.The bus driver on Alsa charged my daughter for her 4 mnth old baby.He said they pay as soon as they are born.Later i bought tickets at the bus station ticket machine and sure enough they charged for babies and children under 3 regardles if they took a seat or not.Yet on the Alsa website the info is that children under 3 are free.Hubby was talking to someone in a shop and the person he was talking to said under 3's are free on buses..So what exactly are the rules..Or is this Spain all over again, different info no matter where you go or where you are.Under 5's are free in the UK and the info is the same no matter where you are located.
We have never paid on the 160 Rincon line for any of our granddaughters when they were under 4. Before I knew the rules i tried to pay and was told it not necessary.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:01 pm

It's a strange one Costakid but i find it really baffllng that it obviously says on Alsa website that under 3's are free..yet the ticket machines and drivers think otherwise.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:02 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:01 pm It's a strange one Costakid but i find it really baffllng that it obviously says on Alsa website that under 3's are free..yet the ticket machines and drivers think otherwise.
As you are fully aware Pamela they make it up as they go along on a lot of things.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:22 pm

In Las Palmas the local bus service (Gua Gua) is completely free in any area of Las Palmas, if you want to travel longer distances you have to pay!