New way to watch UK tv

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: New way to watch UK tv

Postby olive » Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm

A friend in the uk “put” glass on my firestick.

It is like Aladin’s cave compared to using the apps. I think it doesnt need dns but am about to find out.

Francis
Tourist

Postby Francis » Fri May 03, 2024 5:53 pm

TV Mucho

Dear customer,

It is with deep regret that we inform you that TVMucho has ceased trading. Unfortunately, despite your continued support, we faced insurmountable challenges from a USA-based company that ultimately led to our inability to sustain the business.

IMPORTANT: You will no longer find the TVMucho app on the App Store or Play Store, nor can you purchase TVMucho membership.

Our innovative business model was often misunderstood, leading to unfair comparisons with illegal restreaming services. We have been providing a service in compliance with European laws regarding free-to-air TV, but our efforts were regularly and unfairly disrupted and undermined by third parties.

The result was the regular suspension of our app on the Play Store, the loss of our Facebook and Instagram accounts, and termination from payment gateways PayPal and Stripe. Despite our best efforts to educate and collaborate with stakeholders, we were unable to overcome these challenges, and it became increasingly unsustainable both financially and emotionally. For this reason, we made the difficult decision to cease operations immediately.

We want to thank you for your dedication and support over the years.

If you have switched over to any of the recommended third party apps, please make sure to contact their support. Information can typically be find inside of their apps.

Kind regards,
TVMucho Team
closed down with immediate effect!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 04, 2024 6:45 am

olive wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:36 pm A friend in the uk “put” glass on my firestick.

It is like Aladin’s cave compared to using the apps. I think it doesnt need dns but am about to find out.
Thats one of the illegal streams i guess. About £60 a year.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 06, 2024 1:26 pm

I thought Freely TV was going to be the answer to an easy platform to watch TV but it seems that it will only be included in some new Smart TVs. So far, Hinsense are the only manufacturers to start including the app. So pretty useless to most people who either already have a Smart TV or use the Firestick and will not be able to download it. It doesn't even look like there's any type of app that you can download onto a laptop.
https://www.freely.co.uk/help/faqs/equipment

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon May 06, 2024 1:36 pm

As you say - pretty useless! Who on earth is going to buy a new TV for an app, the equivalent of which is available for free (iPlayer etc.) on every existing Smart TV and streaming box.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 06, 2024 5:04 pm

I've started using Teeveeing.
Seems to do everything, and more, than I want.
Lots of channels, 7-day catchup, record selected programmes and an EPG so i can select which programme I want to watch.
Teeveeing installed on my Firestick so only need one controller.
Got fed up using BBC iPlayer on my Firestick.
Often got buffering and the a "somethings gone wrong, try again later.
On my TV get buffering for a long time and sometimes connected.
Not a download speed problem as I could get it on my phone or PC instantly using the same connection.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 06, 2024 7:23 pm

I can't find that in the Firestick appstore Gerry.

I've just seen you have to pay for it so cancel that! The UK TV apps all work fine on the Firestick, it's just a bit slower to use as I need to go in and out of the various apps. Not quite as convenient as the old intelsat system.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 07, 2024 7:45 am

Wicksey wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:23 pm I can't find that in the Firestick appstore Gerry.
It is not an "official" Firestick app.
It, and many other Android based apps, can be sideloaded onto a Firestick.
Have a look at https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/ ... -Firestick
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 07, 2024 8:43 am

Thanks Gerry.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue May 07, 2024 2:37 pm

Alternative is to install the teeveeing app on your tablet /phone then use the Apps-2-fire app to install it on your firestick..

Been using tvmucho now teeveeing for years and have been mire than happy with it. I do like the 7 day catchup implemented when it became teeveeing.
Regards

Bob