UK university students in Spain

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Graye
Andalucia.com Amigo

UK university students in Spain

Postby Graye » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:36 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this before? I'm in Andalucia and although this will apply anywhere in Spain I don't really have the knowledge to help, so wonder if anyone else has dealt with anything similar please?

This involves my grand daughter who is a student a Murcia MMU on a one year course as part of her overall Spanish degree. She's been in Spain since 5 Sept and I took her to immigration there with all the required documents. She then had a face to face interview with them and she has a letter saying her visa is approved, although she doesn't actually have it yet. She has an NIE number but now also needs a TIE and from what I've read online this can't be applied for until she has the actual visa and will then take 45 days to process. She has an appointment for this (in the hope the visa will arrive in the meantime). She has also signed onto the padrón and has now paid upfront to obtain a certificate of "Regreso" which should help her re-enter if the TIE isn't sorted in time.

All this is so she can go home for a visit at Christmas. I'm sure if she didn't want to do that the whole thing would eventually resolve itself. Her Uni are no help as they don't give "legal" advice (which seems a bit of a stretch...) I'm going up to see her on 25th so can perhaps help her with anything else she needs in connection with this. Her Spanish is good but I suppose it's quite daunting to her with all the red tape etc...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...