Hasienda Exchange Rate

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Hasienda Exchange Rate

Postby Curiouse » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:32 pm

Does anyone know what exchange rate to apply for the taxman here on income received in GBP to convert to Euros for 2023

Many thanks

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Hasienda Exchange Rate

Postby El Cid » Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:54 pm

It's (as always) in the FAQs

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=27576

Sid

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:58 pm

Thank you Sid , thats useful to know for future years . I see its been going for some time but this is the first time I've known about it .

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:22 am

Our Renta is normally very simple and straight forward so i have ben doing ours tax online for about 10 years , the wife has a digital certificate but im sure i used to access mine either through giving personal details and getting a TX code or by entering a value from the previous tax years Renta which is the only option available to me this year .

The number in box 0505 of last years Renta has 4 digits then a the decimal point then 2 more digits , the box will not allow me to enter the last digit , could someone please tell me what im missing , there is no box 505 so im presuming they mean 0505 and i dont ever remember the number to enter being only whole euros , i cant see any explanation anywhere .

I have found more on the topic which says to use box 505 from the 2022 Renta but again that box has more digits then the program wil allow and there is no date on the article so it could be for a for a previous return . If it is the 2022 number required do they mean the return showing the income from 2022 which would be on last years Renta or the Renta done in 2022 which of course would be for income received in 2021 .

The Padre websites says i have to select NIE then enter the 9 digit supporting number at the top of the A4 residents permit in my case but i only have 7 digits , the explanation given says after translation " The support number to be entered must be 9 digits long: a letter C followed by 8 numeric characters. If the number of support that figure in your certificate it has fewer than 8 numerical digits, it is necessary to introduce both zeros and numerical digits not have enough following the letter C " tried adding a C then the seven digits from my resident permit and added two zeros (introduce both zeros ) but now im blocked until tomorrow so i have to find where i went wrong before then .

Many thanks for any assistance .

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:32 pm

Enrique is your man, but he's currently on the high seas to Spain, so he won't be available for a day or two :-( Maybe some one like El Cid can help....

(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:58 pm

Curiouse wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:22 am Our Renta is normally very simple and straight forward so i have ben doing ours tax online for about 10 years , the wife has a digital certificate but im sure i used to access mine either through giving personal details and getting a TX code or by entering a value from the previous tax years Renta which is the only option available to me this year .

The number in box 0505 of last years Renta has 4 digits then a the decimal point then 2 more digits , the box will not allow me to enter the last digit , could someone please tell me what im missing , there is no box 505 so im presuming they mean 0505 and i dont ever remember the number to enter being only whole euros , i cant see any explanation anywhere .

I have found more on the topic which says to use box 505 from the 2022 Renta but again that box has more digits then the program wil allow and there is no date on the article so it could be for a for a previous return . If it is the 2022 number required do they mean the return showing the income from 2022 which would be on last years Renta or the Renta done in 2022 which of course would be for income received in 2021 .

The Padre websites says i have to select NIE then enter the 9 digit supporting number at the top of the A4 residents permit in my case but i only have 7 digits , the explanation given says after translation " The support number to be entered must be 9 digits long: a letter C followed by 8 numeric characters. If the number of support that figure in your certificate it has fewer than 8 numerical digits, it is necessary to introduce both zeros and numerical digits not have enough following the letter C " tried adding a C then the seven digits from my resident permit and added two zeros (introduce both zeros ) but now im blocked until tomorrow so i have to find where i went wrong before then .

For the support number, try entering C followed by a zero then the 7 digit number you have. I seem to remember that worked for me before I got my digital certificate.

As for the figure in Casilla 0505, when entering figures in the Modelo 100 we don't have to include the centimos, just the figure in euros so try entering the number not including the decimal point or the last two digits

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:55 pm

Free at Last wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:58 pm
Curiouse wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:22 am Our Renta is normally very simple and straight forward so i have ben doing ours tax online for about 10 years , the wife has a digital certificate but im sure i used to access mine either through giving personal details and getting a TX code or by entering a value from the previous tax years Renta which is the only option available to me this year .

For the support number, try entering C followed by a zero then the 7 digit number you have. I seem to remember that worked for me before I got my digital certificate.

As for the figure in Casilla 0505, when entering figures in the Modelo 100 we don't have to include the centimos, just the figure in euros so try entering the number not including the decimal point or the last two digits
Thank you will try both of those things tomorrow after Im unblocked , strange they dont mention to just input the whole numbers missing out the decimal point and Centimos

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:44 pm

According to this advice, however, the figure from casilla 505 should include the comma for the decimal point and the digits for the centimos so I have no clue why you aren't able to input the complete figure.

https://www.elmundo.es/como/2024/04/03/ ... b45b5.html

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:35 pm

Free at Last wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:44 pm According to this advice, however, the figure from casilla 505 should include the comma for the decimal point and the digits for the centimos so I have no clue why you aren't able to input the complete figure.

" If an error appears regarding the format of the box, we remind you that in the field intended for box 505 you must indicate the whole number without any sign, separated by a comma (,) and the decimals. For example, 14927.35.

Not sure how you read that , the example doesn't show any commas although it clearly says " SEPARATED BY A COMMA ", its only shows a decimal points before Cents and then another after the cents , if they gave you more than three attempts then would stand a reasonable chance of getting it right before getting blocked for 24 hours .

On my form in box 0505 its written as 14.927,35

Just looked at that webpage again without translating it and the digit between the whole euros and cents IS a comma it only changes to a decimal point after translating but still shows a decimal after them .

Si aparece un error relativo al formato de la casilla, le recordamos que en el campo destinado a la casilla 505 debe indicar el número entero sin ningún signo, separado por coma (,) y de los decimales. Por ejemplo, 14927,35.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:43 pm

Curiouse wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:35 pm
Free at Last wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:44 pm According to this advice, however, the figure from casilla 505 should include the comma for the decimal point and the digits for the centimos so I have no clue why you aren't able to input the complete figure.

" If an error appears regarding the format of the box, we remind you that in the field intended for box 505 you must indicate the whole number without any sign, separated by a comma (,) and the decimals. For example, 14927.35.

Not sure how you read that , the example doesn't show any commas although it clearly says " SEPARATED BY A COMMA ", its only shows a decimal points before Cents and then another after the cents , if they gave you more than three attempts then would stand a reasonable chance of getting it right before getting blocked for 24 hours .

On my form in box 0505 its written as 14.927,35

Just looked at that webpage again without translating it and the digit between the whole euros and cents IS a comma it only changes to a decimal point after translating but still shows a decimal after them .

Si aparece un error relativo al formato de la casilla, le recordamos que en el campo destinado a la casilla 505 debe indicar el número entero sin ningún signo, separado por coma (,) y de los decimales. Por ejemplo, 14927,35.
Spanish numbers are always written that way, where we would use a comma after the first thousand they use a full stop, and where we would use a decimal point they use a comma, as in this example:-

https://www.abc.es/economia/declaracion ... 06-nt.html

In your example, the point at the end of your quote is the full stop at the end of the sentence.

The English version of the instructions from the AEAT website definitely says they want the whole number, without the full stop after the thousands but including the comma before the centimos.

https://sede.agenciatributaria.gob.es/S ... illa.shtml

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:15 am

Very grateful for the assistance and advice given so i just wanted to update my situation in case its of assistance to anyone else .

You get three stabs at entering the Padre system with without a digital Certificate or Clave then your blocked for 24 hours .

I tried again this morning after the 24 hour block was removed , use my NIE number and the number at the top right of my A4 resident permit but proceeded it with a letter "C" then as it only had 7 digits a zero ( C0XXXXXXX ) .

Last year i did 2 Rentas , the original one plus a supplementary one for something that came to light after i had submitted , the figure to use is BOX 0505on the last one .

Next i gave the figure in last years Renta ( 2023 for 2022 ) expressed as 25000,00 , no separator between the thousands and the hundreds and a comma ( not a full stop ) between the whole Euros ad Cents .

All this is available to view online and in previous answers but took me quite a while to find everything so i hope this recap is off assistance to someone .
Last edited by Curiouse on Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:37 am

You might find it easier just to get a digital certificate.

Sid

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:22 am

El Cid wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:37 am You might find it easier just to get a digital certificate.

Sid
We both had one for years Sid but when it came to be renewed i did it using the link for mine and it worked at first then stopped working , the renewal link for the wife didn't work at all so we got her a new one , Town hall said not to use the link as it causes a lot of problems but of course that was a bit late .

I remembered now how i have always done the Renta used to be with the downloaded Padre or the web version utill last year , this year its changed which is what threw me

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:41 am

I forgot to renew my last one so I did it again from scratch. It was so easy, and the town hall verified it immediately. It's now so useful, it's silly not to have one.

Sid

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:11 am

I spoke too soon Sid , just went to log on and gave my NIE the same way i gave it to get the reference umber and then put in the reference umber i was given and it says the expired reference , i checked and double checked and its correct as i was given it , even copied and pasted it from

Errores detectados:
Referencia caducada.

Now where do i go from here .
Opera Snapshot_2024-04-06_120707_www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es.png
Opera Snapshot_2024-04-06_110533_www12.agenciatributaria.gob.es.png

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:31 am

It could be a bug in the system, it's only been available for a few days. just wait and try it in a month or so, there are nearly 3 months before the deadline. I never look at it until June.

Sid

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:16 pm

El Cid wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:31 am It could be a bug in the system, it's only been available for a few days. just wait and try it in a month or so, there are nearly 3 months before the deadline. I never look at it until June.

Sid
I would feel a lot better if i knew i wasn't the only one that's happened to , tried it a couple of times now but always same result .
Really hoped to find out how much my tax is going to be this year as my income increased considerably in 2023

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:41 pm

If all you want is an estimate just use the simulator. You don’t need a reference number for that.

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... &EJER=2023

Sid

Curiouse
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Curiouse » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:44 pm

Thank you again Sid , would you happen to know if the Low income allowances changed from last year or the year before or are they deleted when you update the FAQ section , i did a simulated test at the start of the year with the 2022 Renta program you provided here to see what i would be paying this year and it was about 30% more , i can see the personal allowance of 67'00 and the General allowance of 2000 hasn't changed so I'm thinking possibly the Low Income Allowance could have . The simulations dont show the allowances , only the results of the calculation .

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... &EJER=2021

Low income allowance

For the 2023 tax year, the allowances are

Taxpayers with net income from economic activities equal to or less than 14,047.50 euros : 6,498 euros per year.

Taxpayers with net income from economic activities between 14,047.50 and 19,747.50 euros : 6,498 euros minus the result of multiplying by 1.14 the difference between work income and 14,047.50 euros per year.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:07 am

As far as I know, it’s the same as last year.

Sid