Cat training

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
lola2
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby lola2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 pm

I have just spoken to one of our neighbours and she knows someone from one of the animal sanctuaries who will lend us a humane cat trap so that we can try and catch the big black tom that is spraying everywhere around our front door. Better not let my husband get his hands on him!! He is really p'd off with him.

Gazespana
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cat Training

Postby Gazespana » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:48 pm

We had about 10 similar cats to contend with all left behind by the previous owner ! after many futile attempts we found the only things that worked were : fit mosquito type netting to all accesible windows and then outside the house put down fresh sliced lemons and lemon juice replenish on a regular basis and hey presto No Cats !! "They dont like it up em Capn Manwering" :D

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:31 pm

plastic bottles hmmm.. interesting idea... i take it they have to be a sorta.. casera bottle, see thru so that the water reflects etc? thats a very clever idea.. will look inkeeping in the campo but might look a little weird on the coast in marbella?? lol

Whizzbaby
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Whizzbaby » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Might not look too posh, but better than plagues of flies, cats and ********ing dogs?!! Anyway - it's very Spanish and we live in Spain, so where's the problem?!!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:53 pm

In marbella we use a cristal champagne bottle cos its a clear bottle :wink:

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:16 pm

apart from in the old campo, have you EVER seen a bottle hanging in the door way ?? i know i haven't..

we used to see them all the time when looking at fincas seven years ago.. i've not seen a bottle anywhere since.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:12 pm

In our village nearly every house has one or two bottles outside the front door, they are the one litre water bottles, on the floor or on the steps each side of the doorway.
When i first started looking for property i thought how kind of the Spanish people to leave some water out for people that are out walking, I'm glad i was never that thirsty.
Jenny

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:02 am

jenny :) thats where i mean, in the old campo, where campo means campo :) not in the "slightly inland away from the autovia so it must be campo" areas that everyone calls campo these days ;)