Practicing Alternative Med - Logistics

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
eccarid

Practicing Alternative Med - Logistics

Postby eccarid » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:57 pm

Hello future neighbours,

My family are to move to Granada in the next year, and I am having trouble finding the details regarding the legalities of practicing Acupuncture and Herbal Med - in essence, licensed and certified alternative medicine. It varies country by country, and I have only read that in Spain it is "unregulated", but I cannot find information beyond this. Insurances etc.
If anyone has any resources, answers, or references that would help, I would be endlessly grateful :)

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Practicing Alternative Med - Logistics

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:48 am

Im pretty sure you would need to register as "autonono" in order to do this which means you would have to offer a sound business plan to get the permission. You would need money in the bank plus a fully comprehensive health insurance to start with and a host of other stuff, good luck with it !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:00 am

I would assume somebody paying self-employed contributions (autonmo) would not need health insurance.

I asked Google and got this.

Is acupuncture Legal in Spain?
Looking for complementary and alternative health care therapies in Spain? Barb Dalton says that expats can find many treatments available, such as homoeopathy, acupuncture, reflexology, and chiropractic. Barb also says practitioners are all regulated within Spanish law and required to have medical qualifications.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:30 pm

markwilding wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:00 am I would assume somebody paying self-employed contributions (autonmo) would not need health insurance.

I asked Google and got this.

Is acupuncture Legal in Spain?
Looking for complementary and alternative health care therapies in Spain? Barb Dalton says that expats can find many treatments available, such as homoeopathy, acupuncture, reflexology, and chiropractic. Barb also says practitioners are all regulated within Spanish law and required to have medical qualifications.
The problem, Mark, is that between applying for all your permits etcetera and the acceptance you will still need to pay health insurance until the application is accepted ! this is an unusual occupation and I fear there will be difficulties ahead !

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:42 pm

Looks like the OP is a European citizen, so not same requirements as a Brit?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.